Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a fascinating individual if you research him and what he has done to influence the modern setup of teams/coaching is huge but ultimately his whole philosophy just doesn't really translate into an actual managerial career, it will sort of work for a season or two then die out because the players are dead on their feet.
Leeds is the longest he's spent at any club isn't it? IMO he's done a really good job there and I think they'll stay up this year. He did a brilliant job at Chile too.

Your timeline would have the new manager coming in for the city game ? yeah great timing, get a new manager off to an absolute hammering straight away.
My timeline would be to have no new interim manager and let Dunc see out the season as interim. The larger point is more in relation to points/relegation which in my opinion is the only rationale to pick a manager while the board is under review, with no backroom staff and with no Director of Football. But as laid out by the City game we might be 6 points away from realistic safety with 12 matches to go.

I would suggests it's far more worthwhile to question people calling for an immediate longterm replacement while the whole club is under review of their poor practices and could be subject to change (a necessity), with a tiny pool of candidates considering their dysfunction and it being January, and there is a less than 12% chance of going down.

Last edited:

First time i have been looking forward to see us play this season. At least it wont be a back 9 with Rondon upfront and there will definitely be some fight and passion and hopefully a whole lot of snideness.

I would leave them in charge for a while and see how it pans out and in the meantime bring in a proper DOF and task him with sorting out the football, manager included. They wont though as they cannot help themselves getting involved with things they are absolutely crap at.

COYB's for Saturday. Give it to that Gerrard helmet and his team of bell whiffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.