Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1642526830087.png

There's a plethora of promising European coaches out there, we seem to ignore all of them either because they aren't a big enough name or because they don't have an Everton connection
We're in that twilight zone where we ignore the young promising coaches without an Everton link and laugh off the proven experienced coaches with track records who are in career dips. So we're dismissing the younger on-the-up guys and the big names who we actually might be able to get because they won a World Cup eight years ago or their two Champions Leagues a decade ago or some such crime.

Call me conservative, but I'd sooner appoint a Mourinho, Löw, or Mancini than Big Dunc or Wazza.

And, by the way, Italy could be knocked out of the World Cup by Portugal in March. Would that make Roberto Mancini an unemployable has-been, or would it make a once unattainable manager suddenly a live runner for a club with very limited choices right now?

Just talking out loud, but dismissing proven winners for being over the hill or on the way down sort of misses the point: that's the time a club like us can get somebody like that and benefit from their expertise, faded or not. And we're not too good for somebody like that if that person still had hunger to prove something. Given the current list of punts being proposed, if we really want somebody with previous Everton links then we should go back to Marco Silva and apologise on bended knee. Are we really to believe that he is an inferior manager to Rooney or Ferguson?

What we would have expected. Caretaker until the manager is sorted. Notably the word "interim" is absent, meaning he's not getting it to the season's end.

It'll be the Villa game then new manager in for Newcastle.

Suggests it’s not a manager who is available. Might rule out Lampard.

What we would have expected. Caretaker until the manager is sorted. Notably the word "interim" is absent, meaning he's not getting it to the season's end.

It'll be the Villa game then new manager in for Newcastle.
Unless he wins vs Villa, then the clamour starts

Is anyone stopping to think why the ownership are running at a million miles an hour to get someone in before Saturday?

Why? What is driving them to do it when we have a 2 week break and the ownership have failed 5 x already.

I smell a power grab by Bill to flood the club with more of his mates not in the best long intrest of the club, but his, if the owner has stepped out of the room.
I had wondered if it has something to do with the transfer window. Maybe they have some targets in the works and want the new manager sign off? It does seem weird that they are trying to get it done before Villa.

Status
Not open for further replies.