Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know modern footie is cut throat and dog eat dog, (has been for years actually), but the romantic in me wants to see if Rooney can keep Derby up.

In other words, if we get him in, and they disappear, I would feel a bit sad. For a few minutes, granted.

I am not for a full time appointee while the boards under review and we have no DoF (preference would be Dunc till seasons end) but I dont understand at all why Jesse Marsch's name would not be thrown about in the rumor mill. Leipzig went badly sure, but 6 months ago this was one of the brightest and most sought after coaches in Europe, with an excellent development track record at Salzburg. The quickness of his dismissal is what I would think a rare opportunity to fetch someone who was one of the most engaging german style coaches (although american). And his energy on the touch line and brutal honesty (let alone no language barrier) I would think would fit us nicely.

The idea that he wouldn't be preferred over say a Lampard I find laughable.

I can safely tell you we should not hire Jesse Marsch.

Rooney now the shortest odds on at the bookies.

…..Rooney the new favourite but odds still suggest the bookies have no insight and nothing is imminent. Lampard’s odds have had a haircut;

4B702DFD-DC77-4D57-AB92-44453B2DEC43.jpeg

I know modern footie is cut throat and dog eat dog, (has been for years actually), but the romantic in me wants to see if Rooney can keep Derby up.

In other words, if we get him in, and they disappear, I would feel a bit sad. For a few minutes, granted.

Yeh I want to see if he can do it. I also hope he'd want to see if he can do it. It's no lose for him - if they don't, no one thought he could, if he can he looks a legend.

Appointed as caretaker for " games " indicating that he'll still be doing it after the international break . Interesting .
I hope Rooney is getting his ducks lined up before he takes over .

That's not what I was getting at either lol I was saying it in agreement about WR perhaps being a bit more of a tactically astute manager than some assume. A big perhaps of course as I watch precisely zero Derby football.

I meant it as a general observation looking through the thread. You've obviously decided to do a bit of reading and form an opinion based on that rather than the lazier route I've described.

Oh

I like you

….some might think they’d get what they deserve, but like us, they are one of the founder members of football in this country & I always feel that doesn’t get the respect it deserves.

Rooney doing incredible but they could easily dip again even if he stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.