Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20220118_111656.jpg

I don't know too much about who would be a good fit at this time.
I worry about the Rooney shouts though yes he is having a good run, remember last season they very nearly got relegated think it was a last day escape.
But the main reason is this . If we went for an in form stylish slick football clubs manager from the championship, it would be Marco Silva, and that is very clearly the wrong decision.
Needs experience to pick this club off the floor, Rooney, Or Lampard ( won bugger all ) for that matter is not the man imo

When you delve a little deeper in to what he’s actually battling against there, it’s even more impressive than it looks at first glance

Could probably still make our starting eleven, in a player-manager role! Until the end of season obviously.

I don’t get our fans

Martinez- hell of a lot don’t want him back and says it’s was David moyes team , well for me improved the team and we played better football yes this went off towards the end but that was 5years ago and sure he’s improved from then

David moyes- the way he left us was a joke the fans knew he was going but didn’t have the ball to come out and say yes am leaving
- am almost sure we had a song
Stuck with moyes man united playing football the negative way and the way he tried to nab our best players everyone hated him now everyone wants him back but the thought of Ross coming back it’s a outrage

Duncan- think he should be given a shot if he really wants to be a number 1 if so go for it

Rooney - again wouldn’t be against giving him a shot

Big Sam - may not of played the best football at the start but he was sorting out the mess we had am sure if he had given time we would of been playing better football

Then the rest - Carlo Ronald and silver all didn’t do anything and are a range of mangers from so called world class to up and coming all did nothing all finished bottom half all probably put us in a worse place due to some of the players bought (if they did buy and it wasn’t the other clown)

All in all the club is a mess Rafael should never of been at the club I really don’t care that he was at the R/S just how poor he had done at his last few jobs and shouldn’t of been in the running for the job at Everton

I really would take anyone that hopefully will say for more than 2years sort the dead wood out and start building we probably have 5 players that are definitely good enough
DLC Rikki doucoure gray and iwobe just joking no Pickford ( who can have his faults but is definitely good enough)

We need a new back line yerry is never fit Godfrey needs to find some form and the rest are just woefully bad ( time will tell on the new guys )

But yea hope we get a manager in soon and don’t close your self off to anything you might get a nice surprise
What makes you so sure Martinez has improved from then? He didn't learn anything new from his mistakes in 3 years and all he's done since is manage Belgium with an amazing crop of players. He could be worse if anything.
Benitez got worse over time by your own admission and shouldn't have got the job, which I agree with, so it is possible Martinez has too. Just because he's younger doesn't mean he's not stuck in his ways. He certainly seemed stuck in his ways for a couple of years to me last time round and believed his own positive spin. Definite swerve

I don't know too much about who would be a good fit at this time.
I worry about the Rooney shouts though yes he is having a good run, remember last season they very nearly got relegated think it was a last day escape.
But the main reason is this . If we went for an in form stylish slick football clubs manager from the championship, it would be Marco Silva, and that is very clearly the wrong decision.
Needs experience to pick this club off the floor, Rooney, Or Lampard ( won bugger all ) for that matter is not the man imo
We've had experience with Benitez, Anchelotti and heavy Sam. How did that turn out?

Interesting how people want to look at potter. I mean the football under hughton and potter. You couldnt get more of a contrast. They are chalk and cheese managers. Hughton's team parked the bus is almost every single game. Potters team take it to the opposition.
And i suppose its also how you look at things. like you picked out wins. Fair enough. But left out that outside of city chelsea and liverpool, the top 3 by a distance, his team are unbeaten more than anyone else.
I mean call it old fashioned but id say not losing games isnt a bad habit to have.
Dont really get this trend to knock potter. His sides try to play good attacking football. If he gets complimented for that you now get people thinking that they have to jump in and criticise him. Why. He's not arrogant. He doesnt big himself up. Just a good coach who's sides are decent and he's showing potential.
I dont knock him, I just prefer football managers that win football games or have their teams showing consistant improvement.

Chris Wilder for example, every single season over the past 7 years he has improved the side he has by winning more football games than in the previous season, apart from a few bad months without fans in the middle of a pandemic. He creates instant improvement and sustains it... I dont see that with Potter.

Status
Not open for further replies.