Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t see any further buys this month unless a permanent manager is appointe.

And even at that, I don’t think he will have enough time to bring any players in.

Oh dear god, we have to go through watching Iwobi’s over active arms flapping around again trying to impress the new guy.

Well I don't get why players ger another chance. Managers can watch those games over and over. No manager this day and age should be giving players a second chance on the pitch.

We have the evidence these players are not up for if. Can't be doing with a manager who thinks he can make iwobi a player or turn Keane into a defender.

After the Holgate links, Mina now linked to the Geordies on teamtalk.

Funnily enough both links were loans...

Id take £20mil+ for Mina. Yes we need him till end of the season but what if hes injured and only has 1 year left in the summer.

Mina, Holgate and the oaf Keane need punting pronto and we have to go with Godfrey/Branthwaite + sign a centre back.

After the Holgate links, Mina now linked to the Geordies on teamtalk.

Funnily enough both links were loans...

Id take £20mil+ for Mina. Yes we need him till end of the season but what if hes injured and only has 1 year left in the summer.

Mina, Holgate and the oaf Keane need punting pronto and we have to go with Godfrey/Branthwaite + sign a centre back.
I think if we lose Mina we go down - that defence is terrible - Keane needs to be taken out of the firing line, Godfrey hasn’t the first idea of the positions he’s meant to take up, seamus is past it and the new left back looks like a rabbit caught in headlights. Mina’s the only vaguely pl standard centre half we’ve got acknowledging that branthwaite has a lot of potential. He must be kept at all costs this season imo - am just praying he doesn’t get injured again

I think if we lose Mina we go down - that defence is terrible - Keane needs to be taken out of the firing line, Godfrey hasn’t the first idea of the positions he’s meant to take up, seamus is past it and the new left back looks like a rabbit caught in headlights. Mina’s the only vaguely pl standard centre half we’ve got acknowledging that branthwaite has a lot of potential. He must be kept at all costs this season imo - am just praying he doesn’t get injured again

If Mina stays fit then its a massive difference. But in the summer he'll have one year left...he'll have to be sold.

Its a huge headache...we really need Godfrey + Branthwaite and a top defensive midfielder in front of them if hes not fit.

Keane + Holgate need punting asap...ideally we have to get a DM and a CB in...both young and class who can play every game.

If Mina stays fit then its a massive difference. But in the summer he'll have one year left...he'll have to be sold.

Its a huge headache...we really need Godfrey + Branthwaite and a top defensive midfielder in front of them if hes not fit.

Keane + Holgate need punting asap...ideally we have to get a DM and a CB in...both young and class who can play every game.
I agree about the the DM - would go a long way to providing protection for them - I assume that was meant to be gbamin. Don’t know if I’d want another young CB - feel like we’ve got that - would prefer a more experienced player with leadership qualities but they cost lots of dosh.

Mina best stay fit - not sure I can cope watching the Keane Godfrey holgate combinations much longer

Mina is our only reliable defender.

I agree that having such a massive injury prone player is an issue.

But at this moment in time. Where we are. We can't lose him

Reliable on the pitch but certainly not reliable overall. It's time to make a decision on him - extend the contract or sell him. He is into the final 18 months and we can't let good players leave for free anymore. There's an argument we should stick until the summer and hope he plays enough to push us away from danger. But then in the summer, if there is no new contract, we have no choice but to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.