Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me the most obvious decision is to bring Rooney in with Dunc as No. 2, I`m positive Rooney would let Dunc have more impact on the team than previous managers who took him as a token gesture to get the job....

From watching Derby they play the way I want to see Everton play the game with intensity, energy, heart, commitment and passion. Exactly the mould I think a Ferguson would bring, IMO Young Rooney with Dunc would benefit and compliment each other.

Then build the club from there.... starting with a good proven DoF.
I would also bring in Jason Knight from Derby. Available for 8 million.

I hear Moshiri and Kenwright are considering Adolf H. as next manager. The well spoken Austrian doesnt seem to have any pedigree for managing PM clubs, but Moshiri liked the patriotic stance mr H. showed. "we are confident mr H. will win the hearts of our fans, just as he did ours"

But who picks the team against Villa ?

RB and his staff have left, the club needs direction . You just can't leave the squad of players with no leadership or direction.

I do agree there is no immediate rush to appoint a manager and that is why people make the suggestion about an interim manager.

I don't see any more transfer business this window now anyway so it is about stabilising the club , picking up points and steering clear of a relegation fight.
Obviously the galloot will have to pick the team.

So what?

We then have 2 weeks to get this new manager sorted.

I can see him being stubborn and proud enough to want to get back to his unfinished business. Look how stubborn he was with his use of the word Phenomenal.

There might also be the temptation to leave this WC with Belgium as a What If... rather than the more likely failure.

i just don’t think him or mosh will want it again

We're in desperate need of a defensive Midfielder. Needs remedied immediately our starting midfield was Gomes and doucoure last game to emphasize how grim it is
I;m doubtful.

This lot have been tanking games all season.

They are at least midtable in quality.

I doubt very much cash will be spent when we have Benitez's severance pay AND a new manager to hire.

Could well be strong hint with regards to what it would take in terms of staff and organisational structure to bring him in. If Everton aren't willing to do it in a way he finds agreeable then don't bother contacting him.
Well a load of former staff have left today.

No way was Potter's comments are a rebuff. He'd be up here in a heartbeat if offered.

I wouldn’t rule Potter out yet.

When questioned today he didn’t say he wasn’t interested and when he stated that he was happy at Brighton he rubbed his nose… any body language expert will tell you that means he was telling a big porkie pie!

Rooney won’t happen.
Martinez won’t happen.
Big Dunc won’t happen.

Potter seems the best fit for everyone.

Let’s hope that he’s a Davey Moyes rather than a Mike Walker!

Status
Not open for further replies.