Martinez Mayhem

Status
Not open for further replies.
The usual list of foreign managers nobody knows anything about. Mind you we know at least one very well, Mr Phenomenal. No thank you. Nice fellow as others have said. Keep it to those who know the league and our players. There is no space for a one month learning curve.

I like Bobby brown shoes. I don’t want him back as manager. If he does come back we really need a director of football to do transfers. just let Martinez coach because some of his buys last time was Wigan standard. I still really don’t want him back tho.

I'm not being funny, or even arguing in favour of Martinez, but when was the last time an appointment didn't prove divisive? It's Everton, we're a bunch of miserable bastards, there is no unity candidate.

I don't see this as an appointment that needs to be rushed.
Duncan Ferguson is already at the club and wants to be considered for the job.
Appoint Duncan on an interim basis and see how he gets on.
It will act as a job interview for him and allow the board to sit back and consider who they want as their next manager.
None of us know if Duncan Ferguson has the potential to be a good manager as we have only seen him in charge for a small handful of game. However, he has worked under several managers and does know the players very well so there is no settling in period.
In the position we are in we can't put someone in the hot seat to find out if they are able to do the job. We got to get someone in that can improve the team, even just till the end of the season, so that we can beat the drop. If Ferguson was serious about becoming a manager he should have gone and taken a managers post somewhere by now. With the exception of Arteta I can't think of many top level clubs, in the last 20 odd years, give full time managers jobs to folks without previous managerial experience.

I don't see this as an appointment that needs to be rushed.
Duncan Ferguson is already at the club and wants to be considered for the job.
Appoint Duncan on an interim basis and see how he gets on.
It will act as a job interview for him and allow the board to sit back and consider who they want as their next manager.
None of us know if Duncan Ferguson has the potential to be a good manager as we have only seen him in charge for a small handful of game. However, he has worked under several managers and does know the players very well so there is no settling in period.
He's a 'kin cone layer. A hard faced one at that.

Cheeky get hanging around with his hand out. He wont try himself elsewhere because he knows he'd be found out as a fraud who cant cut it. And some on here would hand the club to him.

FFS. Time to grow up and throw away your posters of the galloot I think.

I'm not being funny, or even arguing in favour of Martinez, but when was the last time an appointment didn't prove divisive? It's Everton, we're a bunch of miserable bastards, there is no unity candidate.

True. I think the only manager that 100% of the fans would get behind is Simeone.

Even Pep, Tuchel, Conte, Zidane and Mourinho would divide the fan base. Ancelotti did too.

Would like us for once to appoint someone who will see this as a great job and who will be willing to give some of our youngsters a go. We can't continue to keep changing managers but then play exactly the same underperforming idiots who have made our club a laughing stock. Lets see what someone like Potter can do. Not a stellar name but we had that in Carlo and quite frankly we can't afford them at the moment. I'd be happy to see Potter given a go but I'm not sure he would when he looks at the state of our team. Still we have Gray, Richy and CL which are better then anything Brighton have at the mo so maybe he would.

I can see the "Martinez Out" banners being unfurled and dusted off in time for the first Phenomenal assessment following a terrible display.

Status
Not open for further replies.