Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody has to take charge on an interim basis, and the only man for that is Dunc.

Longer term, all the candidates have prior commitments, so it might well be a good opportunity for Dunc to have an extended run, then see what direction they decide in the summer.

I dont dislike Martinez but as mentioned in this thread, his ticka tacka style, and our squad has disaster written all over it.

My first choice would be Rooney. Knows the club and staff inside out. Has passion for the club. Well respected internationally and has Derby playing very good football on a shoe string budget. My only concern is if the job is too early for him.

I respect that, I am 74. To say he screwed it up is a bit harsh. Moyes screwed up a lot in his tenure and some want him back. His win percentage is among the best among our managers.
His win percentage was only so high because his first season was so successful, on the back of an inherited, we'll drilled defence. I like Martinez, he's a nice guy, but he's not what we need right now. We sacked him for a reason, we were in free fall.

Who gets us the most wins out of the next four league matches? Extremely short term thinking that, but unfortunately it’s the reality we find ourselves in having just lost to Norwich and in 16th place. Villa, Newcastle, Leeds, Southampton. Then it gets tough for a while after that.

I don’t know the answer, but that should be the top priority right now.

For all those who turn their noses up at a serial winner like Jose Mourinho...

Enjoy another 3 years of El Loco only this time we dont have Lukaku, Barry, Stones, Jagielka, Baines, young Barkley, McCarthy or Deulofeu to drag him to the dizzy heights of 11th lol
You do know that those who turned up their nose at a non-existent move for Mourinho weren't in charge of the non-existent move for Mourinho don't you?

I don't think Moshiri had him on the phone and then did a quick check on GOT before deciding otherwise.

For me it hinges on the football model.
Both scenarios assume Duncan as interim till season end.

DOF and head coach

We go all out for Dan Ashworth at Brighton and appoint one of Potter, Lampard or Rooney as coach.

Manager.

We wait and see how the land lies with Mancini, Poch, Ten Haag and Moyes at season end.

Seems like fans aren't going to accept anybody they've seen in the PL.

The flipside is if you go for a coach from another league - do you really trust them to deal with a PL relegation battle ?

Grim overall, no plan.

If it was me I’d give it to Duncan until the end of the season, we need passion and commitment we will get that with him if nothing else. What we don’t need is to be dossing around and players fannying about - which we know what we will get under Martinez.

Id be looking at Potter in the summer, your not getting him mid season.

Meanwhile we’ve a relegation battle to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.