2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are conviently forgetting that we literally conceeded from set prices on almost a weekly basis . It was shocking and conceeding a free kick in a wide area almost felt like we had just given them a penalty.
I remember, just saying there were shoots of a team forming in the second half of that season and it got to the summer and we sold key components of the team we were building, kept rubbish like Schnederlin (for example) and added players we didn’t need.

We started to face better opposition and Benitez’ luck ran out. If you cast your mind back the only truly confident controlled performance in that run was Brighton away. The rest of the games we had little possession and looked second best for most of the games, but, a 10 or 15 minute purple patch was enough for us to get a win.

Before anybody cites Manchester United away, they were in an even bigger mess than we were, when we went to Old Trafford and they still outclassed us for about an hour of the match. The football, on the whole, has been about the worst on display in the premier league this season. Even Burnley fans wouldn’t enjoy it.

To be fair I think we set up well against united and I think it was spurs at home the team played at a different level?

This avaricious tub will clean us out for compensation next and could see this being an ugly separation.

Can see him showing up with his pal Carragher on MNF in the coming weeks for one of our ties (unless the club preclude him from doing that in the payoff). The old dog would like to twist the knife.
Can absolutely see this happening 100%. Imagine the sympathy he'll get from being hard done by from all his media sycophants, whilst bowing to his masterful futbal knowledge. ?

Newcastle aren't rum by Mike Ashley anymore. Does anyone really think the Arabs would go for benitez?
I do.

The fans still worship him, by all accounts, and the Saudi lot would happily take any good PR/good will then can get IMO - especially if they get relegated (who better to lead the journey back to the Prem than their Messiah who has done it before?!)

I am worrying if this had been decided in that meeting yesterday surely it would have been made public by now.
Not necessarily. May be a lot of things to iron out, maybe Moshiri want's to meet Benny in person, maybe the lawyers from both sides are required - who knows. Could be a whole load of things that may not have been able to happen Saturday night or first thing Sunday morning.

I'm sure it's all but done, and when everything is signed and sealed, the club will announce it. Maybe today, maybe tomorrow. The wheels will be in motion.

Lots of clickbait headlines on the internet saying things like “Benitez agrees to leave Everton” or “Everton Sack Benitez”.

But when you click on them there is just guff and nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.