2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not looking to start an argument but why I can't ever get my head around the 'we need stability' shout is because Benitez will never, ever bring that. If the club was fully stable, which obviously it isn't, then he'd destabilise it by picking a fight with someone. It's what he does.

Villa will be the big one for me. We simply have to win today so it should have no barring. I know this is harsh to say but it's lose lose for Benitez today, really. Win - well we're expected to, it's Norwich, they really are abysmal., Lose, and well, it's Norwich...
Fair comment, my point here would be that before he was appointed (and don't get me wrong, he was just about the last person I wanted) I was absolutely clear on the fact that I wanted our next manager to be given 3 seasons to enable us to at least reach the point where our squad was assembled to play a certain way, rather than a mishmash like we have now.

I place such importance on this that I'd be prepared to accept a period of poor form (and that's exactly what we've had) without wanting the manager out. What I can't accept though is the prospect of relegation. That's my line and it's where my patience runs out.

'Stability' might be the wrong word. 'Continuity' might be better.

I've had to swallow my pride because I detest Benitez, and while I accept we've had some difficulties this season that are largely not his doing (FFP issues in the summer, injuries to key players, etc), some of the performances, results and tactical decisions are just tough to justify even with those extenuating circumstances.

Maybe I've been placing far too much importance on this continuity, but I'm convinced that chopping and changing so much when we have a bad period is not the answer.

In any case, we are precariously close to my red line anyway, so today becomes must-win for a number of reasons.

Lose and he should be gone on Monday. No excuses.

We are most certainly not going to win comfortably and we almost certainly are going to play 5 at the back.
Why won't we? Full strength team, money been spent, that's what benitez needed right? What else does he need?

The 5 at the back has.only happened like the last 3/4 games. He hasn't been playing that way up until recently so he should be reverting to the start of the season formation now everyones fit.

I agree that if he loses to Norwich it looks bleak for him.

If we win however, this discussion goes away again for a good few weeks. That would be the best for everyone, we can finish the window strongly and out this era of cowardly players ruling Everton behind us.
So....
Delph, Tosun, Iwobi, Gomes, Holgate Keane Rondon Kenny Davies, Coleman to be moved on in the next 2 weeks?
Is that what you're saying?
Deadwood all of them.

Full strength team back. Fully expecting a comfortable win both performance and results wise.

No need for 5 at the back, we should be getting at them from minute 1. And as that's how Benitez says all his teams play, then should be no issues with doing so.

No away game in the PL is "comfortable" unless you're Man City / Liverpool especially against teams fighting for der lives.

Be a hard fought 2-1 win for the good guys today.

COYB

Why won't we? Full strength team, money been spent, that's what benitez needed right? What else does he need?

The 5 at the back has.only happened like the last 3/4 games. He hasn't been playing that way up until recently so he should be reverting to the start of the season formation now everyones fit.

Because we’re crap and he’s crap mate.

We’ll play 5 at the back because we beat Hull in our last game with it, so in his very simple mind it worked.

Because we’re crap and he’s crap mate.

We’ll play 5 at the back because we beat Hull in our last game with it, so in his very simple mind it worked.
Oh he is crap. But pickford, mina, doucoure, richarlison, Gray, DCL, (include Patterson and mykolenko as well as they must be decent if he was happy to spend 30m on them) aren't crap. Certainly if compared to Norwich.

Didn't he change formation round after we beat Arsenal?

….I think we’re plenty better than Norwich and that will be reflected in the score line. Play progressively on the front foot & don’t allow them into the game, it’s what you do against poor teams.

Hopefully 4 more wins required after today.

I admire your optimism but I’m fully expecting us to be under the cosh early on in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.