2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Koeman was hounded about 8 games in after finishing 7th the season prior!!

Silva was legged not even half a season in after finishing 8th.

Alladyce was hounded from day one.

Ancelotti was the only one given a grace period but thats because of his CV and reputation as one of the greatest of all time.

Its not just an EFC problem fans of all clubs have no patience anymore in the social media era.
So they all got given a season except Allardyce....

Don’t agree with that at all and sorry but it’s incredibly patronising.

Everyone was aware in the summer there was a huge squad turnaround required over the next 12/18 months. Everyone understood the FFP spend situation. We lost James and Siggi, our two main creative final third passers (regardless of whether you rated them or not) and brought in, on paper, lesser players.

I had no expectations going into this season. I had however naively assumed the owner/board had a long term plan and strategy to carry out the rebuild over the next few years. Maybe they’d learnt from previous mistakes.

So I and many others were a tad put out when it turned out there was no plan at all, none, no long term strategy or coordinated approach to this pivotal rebuild. A recurring issue behind Moshiri’s five years of failure. Within a few months the DOF had gone, the recruitment team had gone and we’d handed the entire rebuild to Rafael.

Either the board should have decided the DOF model didn’t work in the summer and appointed a manager, like Potter, with the remit to rebuild the club and squad over the next few years. I could have easily backed that without too much focus on results for a couple seasons. At least it would be a vision to get behind, some sort of plan.

If they wanted to keep the DOF model and let him do the squad overhaul and appoint Rafael as a purely safe pair of hands until the overhaul was done, fine.

Instead, there was no plan, we appoint Rafael, after a few months sack the DOF and the rest of the recruitment team leave, handing the rebuild to him. A man who thinks Allardyce plays progressive attacking football, a man with all the grace and charm of a pubic louse. An appointment emblematic of the chaotic reactionary decision making of Moshiri’s ownership.

The results are terrible but if you think a run of 12 games is the only reason people want him gone, you’re very much mistaken. Simply the wrong man for this job or to get behind. Excuse the rant.

Post of the day.

Don’t agree with that at all and sorry but it’s incredibly patronising.

Everyone was aware in the summer there was a huge squad turnaround required over the next 12/18 months. Everyone understood the FFP spend situation. We lost James and Siggi, our two main creative final third passers (regardless of whether you rated them or not) and brought in, on paper, lesser players.

I had no expectations going into this season. I had however naively assumed the owner/board had a long term plan and strategy to carry out the rebuild over the next few years. Maybe they’d learnt from previous mistakes.

So I and many others were a tad put out when it turned out there was no plan at all, none, no long term strategy or coordinated approach to this pivotal rebuild. A recurring issue behind Moshiri’s five years of failure. Within a few months the DOF had gone, the recruitment team had gone and we’d handed the entire rebuild to Rafael.

Either the board should have decided the DOF model didn’t work in the summer and appointed a manager, like Potter, with the remit to rebuild the club and squad over the next few years. I could have easily backed that without too much focus on results for a couple seasons. At least it would be a vision to get behind, some sort of plan.

If they wanted to keep the DOF model and let him do the squad overhaul and appoint Rafael as a purely safe pair of hands until the overhaul was done, fine.

Instead, there was no plan, we appoint Rafael, after a few months sack the DOF and the rest of the recruitment team leave, handing the rebuild to him. A man who thinks Allardyce plays progressive attacking football, a man with all the grace and charm of a pubic louse. An appointment emblematic of the chaotic reactionary decision making of Moshiri’s ownership.

The results are terrible but if you think a run of 12 games is the only reason people want him gone, you’re very much mistaken. Simply the wrong man for this job or to get behind. Excuse the rant.
This post deserves max rep

@mods bring back rep

There’s an element to what you say that’s true, of course. Comparing previous managers, in different situations to the one we were in this summer, to suggest 70% of Everton fans would be screaming for a sacking if we weren’t troubling the European places is bollocks, frankly.

The fans understood the position we were in this summer, give them credit for that, they’re not as stupid as you think.

I didnt mention anything about not troubling the Euro places mate - I said if someone like Potter/Kovac/Lampard/Rooney whoever was here and finished 16th they would be hounded and thats 100% truth and with this squad falling into the bottom 6 is more than capable considering we've been in those positions with 3 out of our last 5 managers.

Since Moshiri came in expectations have ramped up and fans have pushed him to sack manager after manager.

I didnt mention anything about not troubling the Euro places mate - I said if someone like Potter/Kovac/Lampard/Rooney whoever was here and finished 16th they would be hounded and thats 100% truth and with this squad falling into the bottom 6 is more than capable considering we've been in those positions with 3 out of our last 5 managers.

Since Moshiri came in expectations have ramped up and fans have pushed him to sack manager after manager.
There's definitely truth to this though it seems to me that Benitez is benefitting from the weariness of that and the false notion that most people want him out for the kopite connection(ignoring results and style) so he is getting a double glazed protection and he knows it
It's clear he has the season and 1 or 2 windows so I guess we have to get used to it, but we are a hard watch at the moment and I have little faith in him fixing it.

Koeman was hounded about 8 games in after finishing 7th the season prior!!

Silva was legged not even half a season in after finishing 8th.

Alladyce was hounded from day one.

Ancelotti was the only one given a grace period but thats because of his CV and reputation as one of the greatest of all time.

Its not just an EFC problem fans of all clubs have no patience anymore in the social media era.
And Benitez is doing worse than all of them.

There season really starts tomorrow for Rafael, because of the injuries and and squad he has had a pass but now its looking like we are close to fully fit and he has a few more players of his own.
Its not so much no excuses, its more a case of only only fair to judge him when he has a decent squad available. The new signings if they are as good as the Gray and Townsend should be good, so we have strengthened this window too go along with players coming back, lets see what happens over the next 5 games as we wont get a better run of fixtures for a almost fit squad.

I'd say that's probably accurate.

I think there is a generational divide happening and Facebook leans older and they seem to have more patience with Benitez than those below the age of 40.

A lot of that has to do with the fact that the old heads don't appear as desperate for some success as the younger blues as they've at least seen us lift trophies in their lifetimes.

It's one of he reasons the 27th minute protes got happy clapped instead. The old heads aren't arsed and are just happy to go the match and get away from the missus.
I'm 68 years old and I have not attended a game this season, other than the covid season that's the first time since 1962 that's happened. Age doesn't mean I'm not arsed about success, the opposite in fact as I long to see us at the top the less time I've got. There's one reason only I refuse to go and that's having this tactically useless man in charge and I will never go to the place I love until this man is removed. What the owner of us has done appointing Benitez totally disgusts me!

There's definitely truth to this though it seems to me that Benitez is benefitting from the weariness of that and the false notion that most people want him out for the kopite connection(ignoring results and style) so he is getting a double glazed protection and he knows it
It's clear he has the season and 1 or 2 windows so I guess we have to get used to it, but we are a hard watch at the moment and I have little faith in him fixing it.

Very good post sir.

Agree with most of that.

There season really starts tomorrow for Rafael, because of the injuries and and squad he has had a pass but now its looking like we are close to fully fit and he has a few more players of his own.
Its not so much no excuses, its more a case of only only fair to judge him when he has a decent squad available. The new signings if they are as good as the Gray and Townsend should be good, so we have strengthened this window too go along with players coming back, lets see what happens over the next 5 games as we wont get a better run of fixtures for a almost fit squad.

Bore off.

What is success to you over the next 5 then?

Status
Not open for further replies.