2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen his comments about digne hahaha he's such an idiot.

Something about digne not pulling his weight so has to go, the same feller who brought rondon to the club and played him most games despite him not even running.

Comical
Can’t stand him. Dislike the man far more now than I did when he was Liverpool manager. At least then there was some grudging respect for being good at his job.

Now he’s got the arrogance of a successful manager, without any of the skills to back it up.

Seen his comments about digne hahaha he's such an idiot.

Something about digne not pulling his weight so has to go, the same feller who brought rondon to the club and played him most games despite him not even running.

Comical
Not sticking up at all for Benitez or Rondon but I’ve not doubted Rondons application or desire he’s just not good enough or able
enough anymore ,few stories going around about digne are quite the opposite

Regardless of the feelings towards the manager I look at the progression of both Arsenal and WHU in which both fanbases wanted Moyes/Arteta sacked in the early stages.

This season has been a tough one for many reasons - lack of investment in the summer, many injuries, poor tactics from the manager, Siggurdsson being suspended, players coming and going.

I think you cant not give him the full season to make a judgement providing we aint in the bottom 3.

The fanbase simply doesn't have patience anymore - thats not defending Benitez either but I keep saying it that if we had someone "young and progressive" like Potter and he finished 16th like he did last season at Brighton he would have been hounded by a good 70% of the fanbase.

There has to come a point where we give any manager who comes in 2 seasons mimimum to try turn things around/build their own team.
Don’t agree with that at all and sorry but it’s incredibly patronising.

Everyone was aware in the summer there was a huge squad turnaround required over the next 12/18 months. Everyone understood the FFP spend situation. We lost James and Siggi, our two main creative final third passers (regardless of whether you rated them or not) and brought in, on paper, lesser players.

I had no expectations going into this season. I had however naively assumed the owner/board had a long term plan and strategy to carry out the rebuild over the next few years. Maybe they’d learnt from previous mistakes.

So I and many others were a tad put out when it turned out there was no plan at all, none, no long term strategy or coordinated approach to this pivotal rebuild. A recurring issue behind Moshiri’s five years of failure. Within a few months the DOF had gone, the recruitment team had gone and we’d handed the entire rebuild to Rafael.

Either the board should have decided the DOF model didn’t work in the summer and appointed a manager, like Potter, with the remit to rebuild the club and squad over the next few years. I could have easily backed that without too much focus on results for a couple seasons. At least it would be a vision to get behind, some sort of plan.

If they wanted to keep the DOF model and let him do the squad overhaul and appoint Rafael as a purely safe pair of hands until the overhaul was done, fine.

Instead, there was no plan, we appoint Rafael, after a few months sack the DOF and the rest of the recruitment team leave, handing the rebuild to him. A man who thinks Allardyce plays progressive attacking football, a man with all the grace and charm of a pubic louse. An appointment emblematic of the chaotic reactionary decision making of Moshiri’s ownership.

The results are terrible but if you think a run of 12 games is the only reason people want him gone, you’re very much mistaken. Simply the wrong man for this job or to get behind. Excuse the rant.

Everyone was aware in the summer there was a huge squad turnaround required over the next 12/18 months. Everyone understood the FFP spend situation. We lost James and Siggi, our two main creative final third passers (regardless of whether you rated them or not) and brought in, on paper, lesser players.

I had no expectations going into this season. I had however naively assumed the owner/board had a long term plan and strategy to carry out the rebuild over the next few years. Maybe they’d learnt from previous mistakes.

So I and many others were a tad put out when it turned out there was no plan at all, none, no long term strategy or coordinated approach to this pivotal rebuild. A recurring issue behind Moshiri’s five years of failure. Within a few months the DOF had gone, the recruitment team had gone and we’d handed the entire rebuild to Rafael.

Either the board should have decided the DOF model didn’t work in the summer and appointed a manager, like Potter, with the remit to rebuild the club and squad over the next few years. I could have easily backed that without too much focus on results for a couple seasons. At least it would be a vision to get behind, some sort of plan.

If they wanted to keep the DOF model and let him do the squad overhaul and appoint Rafael as a purely safe pair of hands until the overhaul was done, fine.

Instead, there was no plan, we appoint Rafael, after a few months sack the DOF and the rest of the recruitment team leave, handing the rebuild to him. A man who thinks Allardyce plays progressive attacking football, a man with all the grace and charm of a pubic louse. An appointment emblematic of the chaotic reactionary decision making of Moshiri’s ownership.

The results are terrible but if you think a run of 12 games is the only reason people want him gone, you’re very much mistaken. Simply the wrong man for this job or to get behind. Excuse the rant.

Koeman was hounded about 8 games in after finishing 7th the season prior!!

Silva was legged not even half a season in after finishing 8th.

Alladyce was hounded from day one.

Ancelotti was the only one given a grace period but thats because of his CV and reputation as one of the greatest of all time.

Its not just an EFC problem fans of all clubs have no patience anymore in the social media era.

Many words have been spoken on here but these are perfect summary.

Well said

Not sticking up at all for Benitez or Rondon but I’ve not doubted Rondons application or desire he’s just not good enough or able
enough anymore ,few stories going around about digne are quite the opposite
Rondons desire? Mate he wasn't "fit" for months, that's a disgusting attitude for a so called pro, the only game I'd say he's broke a sweat is the Derby, so much so that he injured himself, he has been without doubt the worst player I've seen in an Everton shirt.

Koeman was hounded about 8 games in after finishing 7th the season prior!!

Silva was legged not even half a season in after finishing 8th.

Alladyce was hounded from day one.

Ancelotti was the only one given a grace period but thats because of his CV and reputation as one of the greatest of all time.

Its not just an EFC problem fans of all clubs have no patience anymore in the social media era.
There’s an element to what you say that’s true, of course. Comparing previous managers, in different situations to the one we were in this summer, to suggest 70% of Everton fans would be screaming for a sacking if we weren’t troubling the European places is bollocks, frankly.

The fans understood the position we were in this summer, give them credit for that, they’re not as stupid as you think.

Well, all 12.2k members have been moderated prior joining.

And every vote has a name/Facebook profile attached to it.
I'd say that's probably accurate.

I think there is a generational divide happening and Facebook leans older and they seem to have more patience with Benitez than those below the age of 40.

A lot of that has to do with the fact that the old heads don't appear as desperate for some success as the younger blues as they've at least seen us lift trophies in their lifetimes.

It's one of he reasons the 27th minute protes got happy clapped instead. The old heads aren't arsed and are just happy to go the match and get away from the missus.

Carlo got about 65 mill didn’t he, with massive wages afforded to James Doucoure Allan Godfrey, and then the loan signing of King. He didn’t have to let anyone go for that.

Benitez has had 30 mill more or less (with the majority of that arriving in the last week), with Digne’s 25 mill having to go out the door. He’s also had to shift James, Kean, Bernard, Walcott, Digne, Olsen, Virginia off the wage bill for that to occur.

So yes, whilst on paper the number of signings now align. The context behind them is dramatically different isn’t it. I’m not using that as an excuse either. It’s time to start picking up wins, but some of the rhetoric on here is a bit tiring. The moment Benitez spent some money people couldn’t wait to then starts saying he’s spent 30 million, as though signings who haven’t even played for us yet and have been here a week or so suddenly should have impacted our form in the first half of the season.

Benitez does have more of his own players now, and will have to live or die by his Digne decision, but the context of Carlo’s spending and Benitez’s just are not the same.
There's the "He's only spent 1.7 30 million" excuse getting trotted out again

Status
Not open for further replies.