Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
More links today to Golovin,

Any good? What type of player is he?

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...eksandr-Golovin-Rafael-Benitez-gossip-rumours

He's an attacking midfielder.

Seems a bit of an odd move as we really need a defensive midfielder.

I think El Ghazi is a sideshow.

He’ll probably come in on loan, we might have leveraged a good deal as part of the Digne discussions.

The only current available fit wingers we have are: Gray and Gordon.

Townsend is just coming back from a broken foot, Richarlison is injured, Iwobi is at AFCON and was barely contributing anyway.

A winger with prem experience on loan at a good deal makes absolutely perfect sense right now so I don’t see why there’s a complete overreaction to it.

Obviously if we buy him for 15 mill that’s a different question.

let me get this right. We want to loan Allan, when we don’t have enough midfielders for our first team, don’t want to loan an absolute crap Holgate, but we are willing to loan in a winger where we are our strongest in depth but don’t loan in a midfielder or centre back? Bizarre…

He’s going 8-1-1 from now on… with average possession of 6% per game

He’ll probably come in on loan, we might have leveraged a good deal as part of the Digne discussions.

Townsend is just coming back from a broken foot, Richarlison is injured, Iwobi is at AFCON and was barely contributing anyway.

A winger with prem experience on loan at a good deal makes absolutely perfect sense right now so I don’t see why there’s a complete overreaction to it.

I think the £15 million is their permanent valuation which may be an option at the end of the loan period. We'd do the same if we were loaning Iwobi out

On loan, no issue with that, on loan with an option to buy for £15m, no issue with that because we can volley him back if he turns out crap, as you say, pay £15m for him now, big issue with that.

Would take El Ghazi if we can get a quality cm in , and then i just have to hope the club can bring in another cb. If its just El Ghazi patterson mykolenko i dont think we have done enough this window

Status
Not open for further replies.