Leicester postponement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brendan Rodgers should be able to tactically outwit Benitez with Leicester u16s and their u11s would still be a threat to us at set pieces

But how long has that rule been in place, because it’s never been abused before . Only happening now, because clubs are playing the covid card
As I said in page one. This nonsense is all in the league with their weak wording. "No set rules" and "case by case" basis is obviously going to get leaned on.

Play the fixture OR forfeit the points.

It really is that simple.

I don’t know if the positions of the players are taken into account? You could have enough players but no players in a certain position. Leicester only having 1 defender left could be part of their appeal.

Personally I’m not too bothered if the match is postponed or not as we looked sluggish yesterday and we had the extra time - but to be fair to those who are going they must not leave the decision too late.
It shouldn't matter.

AFCON has said that if you have 11 players (even without a recognised keeper) the game gets played.

If Leicester bleat about Covid they should definitely get told to play after those clowns went to the 'kin darts.

As I said in page one. This nonsense is all in the league with their weak wording. "No set rules" and "case by case" basis is obviously going to get leaned on.

Play the fixture OR forfeit the points.

It really is that simple.

Yup.

The system is open to relentless abuse, and naturally is what we're seeing. Why not try to gain an advantage for yourselves? Entirely on the Premier League, this.

In announcing the Newcastle postponement, the Premier League said that “the club does not have the required number of players available for the match (13 outfield players and one goalkeeper), due to Covid-19 cases and injuries”. There was no further detail, however, on the precise nature of all the injuries and the exact numbers of Covid-19 cases within the playing squad.

The game should and needs to be played. We have players returning and they have a load out including vardy. Why as a club are we so nice to everyone. We are like a charity. It’s ok Leicester we will play you later in season when you’ve got all your players back
Play the game

The game should and needs to be played. We have players returning and they have a load out including vardy. Why as a club are we so nice to everyone. We are like a charity. It’s ok Leicester we will play you later in season when you’ve got all your players back
Play the game
Hang on the game hasn’t been called off let and it certainly wouldn’t be the club’s fault if it did. We can put our protestations forward for going ahead but ultimately it’s the PL who decide

Hang on the game hasn’t been called off let and it certainly wouldn’t be the club’s fault if it did. We can put our protestations forward for going ahead but ultimately it’s the PL who decide
Well I hope we argue the fact.

Their forum suggests there’s no way the game will take place and quotes lots of rules about player availability

Leicester’s application has gone in. We should be objecting in the strongest terms. The window’s open. They knew about Afcon all along and if they need players they’ve had, and still have, ample opportunity to sign them.

I doubt they would ask for a postponement if they had just lost Vardy - they have also lost Daka, Iheanacho, Ndidi, Mendy, Soumare, Dewsbury-Hall, Thomas, Ricardo, Castagne, Bertrand, Fofana, Evans, Justin, Benkovic, Soyuncu and Amartey.
Ok but how many are Covid?

The guys at AFCON certainly don't count and a lot of those I know are injuries. If it is one or two COVID cases then they should be playing. An injury crisis isn't a postponement.

Hopefully goes ahead whilst they are struggling. A full strength Leicester brushes us aside at the minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.