Leicester postponement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe Leicester have 11 fit first team players, absences due to AFCON and injury, rather than COVID. Think the limit in the EPL is 13 whereas for the FA Cup you have to call on reserves.

Still don't get this notion that games are getting called off shortly after teams are playing games, especially over the Christmas period! Seems quite backwards, fine to play today but everything has changed by Friday.

I will say though, I have never known a manager to get such a repreival as benitez has. Given the foxes , Newcastle , burnely were key games, if we had lost all them then he would be gone by now. Or at the very least have good justification to sack him. He has literally saved his own backside by not playing them, especially if norwich ends up next (one of his only wins since this run began).

cant see leicester having much pull with the fa,
they probably havent forgiven them for winning the league!
if it was one of their darling clubs,thats another story.

The PL can't start letting clubs call off games cos they have injuries ffs
If they don't want to play it's a forfeit and 3 nil win to us like in any other league.
Remember Middlesboro having serious injury problems and wanted a game postponed v Blackburn the year they got relegated. They were told to field a team and couldn't so were docked points I think.

I hope that we go all out to get this one played. Leicester are a much better team than us, we are getting desperate to get some points on the board. I know it sounds harsh, but, we have had lots of injuries this season, our games weren’t postponed until we had the Covid outbreak for the Burnley game.

Having said that, it’s not out of the question that our master tactician manages to set us up so we lose to Leicester’s reserve/youth team.

Status
Not open for further replies.