• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's now "he's only spent 30 million"

LOL

No.

Spending £30 million on two players the manager wants to then sack said manager weeks later is EXACTLY the reason why we're in the mess we have been these past few years.

Thankfully Mosh Man won't cave in to the media/fans just yet and rightfully so - he needs atleast the 2nd half of the season imo.

He didn't. This is a myth davek and his benny fanboys made up.
It’s a matter of fact and it doesn’t make people fanboys. We have a lousy squad beset with injuries. It has reduced in quality since last year through having a negative spend in the summer.

If you cant give a have a balanced opinion of the crisis we have faced as a club, your opinion on Benitez is also devalued. I place you in the Donald Trump, Q Anon bracket.

Yet carragher's best days were under him, gerrard's as well. And even some average Newcastle players performed exceptionally well under him, and infact many clubs fell into the trap and foolishly bought 3-4 hyped Newcastle players like sissoko , wijnaldum , clearly overpriced. None performed like that at their new clubs.

Wijnaldum was a huge flop at his next club wasn’t he. Only won 1 league title and European Cup with them.

We aint going down this season and we've spent £30 million on two players Benitez wants.

Got to give him until the seasons end to see if he can improve things or not.

The media cant be allowed to destabilise us further.
Heavily scouted and nominated for transfer activity by the Director of Football who recently departed before Benitez arrived.

His Newcastle side were in top 7 form in the 2nd half of the season before he left. Almiron, Perez and Rondon were superb together. His defence and midfield battled hard.
Literally all down to a fluke 10 game spell from Perez. He scraped passed 40 points all down to perez going on a freak scoring run which he had never done before or since and gained them 10 points by scoring 8 in their last 10 games.

They won 8, lost 7, drew 4 of their final 19 games that season.

And that would be great, if they had won any of the first 10 games, or then not gone on another run of 1 win in 10.

Rave about his second half of the season all you want, but he scraped past 40 points because of perez. It wasn't even as if it was a new team adjusting to him as he had been with the team for 2 years already so it shows how poor he is that they were that crap for the first half of the season.

Yet carragher's best days were under him, gerrard's as well. And even some average Newcastle players performed exceptionally well under him, and infact many clubs fell into the trap and foolishly bought 3-4 hyped Newcastle players like sissoko , wijnaldum , clearly overpriced. None performed like that at their new clubs.
Yep Gerard and Torres carried that side.

As for Newcastle, he did no better than what Bruce did

He didn't. This is a myth davek and his benny fanboys made up.
When did DCL come back? How long has richarlison been injured? Mina? Two of them are the main goal scorers , and one is our best defensive option. Not even counting other injuries we had or are still injured ...Gomes, Townsend, Pickford for a while, Delph etc.

Sissoko and Wijnaldum only played a handful of games for Benitez. Getting relegated in the process.

So pretty much the same squad as last season but with results considerably worse (by considerably I mean the worst in 40 years) and it's suddenly the poor squad we have?

1 win in 12 is all on the players? I'm sure Carlo wouldn't have put the ghost of Seamus Coleman in at leftback when Godfrey AND Digne were on the bench.
We do not know the basis for why he chose to make those choices. It is possible that Godfrey needed rest, and they would not risk anything. Or that Godfrey himself said he was not ready for 90 minutes. Or that he had found out that his lady had been lying with another guy behind his back. When it comes to Digne, it is rarely very motivating for other players to prioritize using a player who wants to get away from the club. The point is that we do not know the basis for the decision. There are many factors that affect players and managers.

In football, there are a lot of coincidences, especially when you are a team between 8 - 14 place on the table. Small things can make a big difference. The problem with last year was that we did not plan for the future. Signings like JR and Allan were not very forward-looking, and contributed to us having to tighten our finances. We gambled on Europe, but failed. Ancelotti did the best he could, but he was never the right man for a club like Everton. Being only results-oriented is not developmental. We also got worse and worse under Ancelotti on all parameters, which is typical of Ancelotti teams. It is possible we are struggling with the aftermath of this, maybe the players are too poorly trained, which was also suggested last year when we read some of the statistics.

Hes had over 6 months on the job. It is plenty of time. Other managers have come into the league like the fella at Wolves and sre doing far better.

He should be out of time now. It's our worst form for 30 years. I've seen all I need to.

Brands never got the control that Benitez has seemingly been handed.
Not the same variables. The world is a little more complex than that. I'm not saying that Benitez is necessarily the right man for the job, but I'm willing to wait to see a little longer.

Interesting when you consider both signings made this window are young.

I imagine having been coached by Ancelotti a lot of the senior players dont have as much faith in a "lesser" manager which may result in performances/commitment on the pitch.
Yes and i wanted to post that , both are indeed of the same age , and might be more then willing to listen to him rather then question him like some senior egoistic players like digne infront of other players. And no matter what some envious, spiteful and angry folks say, Benitez is an excellent coach , if given time surely we will start looking at positive changes after few games.

Yes and i wanted to post that , both are indeed of the same age , and might be more then willing to listen to him rather then question him like some senior egoistic players like digne infront of other players. And no matter what some envious, spiteful and angry folks say, Benitez is an excellent coach , if given time surely we will start looking at positive changes after few games.

Well I had my doubts over the manager but you're starting to change my thinking sir ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.