David Weir returning in backroom role

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly? I think the (depressing) answer is likely to be that Brighton is at present a far better run (and likely more stable) club than Everton - particularly for someone doing that sort of role.
Maybe he didn't fancy his chances at cutting it at a bigger club. It happens.

Yes. In which case you'd have to wonder why Weir turned down the chance to work again at Everton.

IMO it's highly likely Benitez offered him a job he COULD refuse.

Nothing else explains it.
Maybe just maybe he accepted the interview, met Benetiz, did some research himself, spoke to people he respects in the game and decided that long term he didn't want to work for that whopper Benetiz, so turned it down based on the current manager.....

Could it be that he applied and didnt get the job, no more "jobs for the boys"..... We are looking at someone more professional...

I dont know that, just putting another perspective

Maybe just maybe he accepted the interview, met Benetiz, did some research himself, spoke to people he respects in the game and decided that long term he didn't want to work for that whopper Benetiz, so turned it down based on the current manager.....

The more likely scenario for me: Benitez meets Weir, has a cup of tea with him at FF; asks him how good he is at laying down cones; Weir cant lay them down quick enough to impress Benitez; Benitez says "adios, El Streako of Pisso"

The End.

The more likely scenario for me: Benitez meets Weir, has a cup of tea with him at FF; asks him how good he is at laying down cones; Weir cant lay them down quick enough to impress Benitez; Benitez says "adios, El Streako of Pisso"

The End.

Pretty sure his role was not going to involve coaching sessions so that would be a pretty daft question for Benitez to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.