David Weir returning in backroom role

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cloob is in a right mess from moshiri to some of the players stealing a living from us.......meanwhile we sit in 15th place and likely to drop further Almost glad I dont have to watch the pile of garbage served up most weeks since I hsd to relinquish my season ticket this season after 55 years of regular attending. Feel sorry for those who turn up still, and those who haven't, and are unlikely to do so any time soon see us win a trophy.

Question is: who offered it to him? Brands is suggested above.
D3EF364C-113C-4F93-B3AE-34D5531BC777.jpeg

That's strange. I do wonder if O'Keeffe knows his stuff sometimes.

It could well be that Benitez - in demanding Brands was sacked - told the club he'd cast around for an upgraded team to take on some of Brands' tasks and threw out the name Weir, but wasn't really that keen on anyone and it was a bit of a sham.

Bit of strecth from me, I admit. But Benitez wanting Weir and Weir not wanting Everton is a puzzler - I'm inclined to think it was all manoeuvrings by Benitez. If he'd have wanted someone and they agreed to interview I cant see how that stalls and breaks down.

For me, there's no way in this world anyone stays at Brighton when they can be at a club like Everton...especially if you're an ex-player.

That's strange. I do wonder if O'Keeffe knows his stuff sometimes.

It could well be that Benitez - in demanding Brands was sacked - told the club he'd cast around for an upgraded team to take on some of Brands' tasks and threw out the name Weir, but wasn't really that keen on anyone and it was a bit of a sham.

Bit of strecth from me, I admit. But Benitez wanting Weir and Weir not wanting Everton is a puzzler - I'm inclined to think it was all manoeuvrings by Benitez. If he'd have wanted someone and they agreed to interview I cant see how that stalls and breaks down.

For me, there's no way in this world anyone stays at Brighton when they can be at a club like Everton...especially if you're an ex-player.
Could be… or - and call me Occam here if you want - could be that Benitez wanted to bring in the former Everton defender as part of his back room staff.

Could be… or - and call me Occam here if you want - could be that Benitez wanted to bring in the former Everton defender as part of his back room staff.

Yes. In which case you'd have to wonder why Weir turned down the chance to work again at Everton.

IMO it's highly likely Benitez offered him a job he COULD refuse.

Nothing else explains it.

Yes. In which case you'd have to wonder why Weir turned down the chance to work again at Everton.

Honestly? I think the (depressing) answer is likely to be that Brighton is at present a far better run (and likely more stable) club than Everton - particularly for someone doing that sort of role.

Does seem odd but then again simply looking at the churn of coaching / back room staff would be enough to put off a lot of folks despite previous allegiances.
Brighton are pretty stable club and have the appearance of being upwardly mobile, vs the current lunatic asylum that is Everton FC.

That is the reason Davie Weir hasn’t come to Everton, the power struggle is on going, if Weir had come to Everton the muppets would have lost more control.

Mr. Benitez should have got more backing from the owner who seems to be letting the manager do his dirty work while saying nothing.

Who are the muppets in this situation, it could be many people!

Does seem odd but then again simply looking at the churn of coaching / back room staff would be enough to put off a lot of folks despite previous allegiances.
Brighton are pretty stable club and have the appearance of being upwardly mobile, vs the current lunatic asylum that is Everton FC.
Churn in the coaching staff? They've been there like limpets for years. I'd have thought Weir would have fancied some of that gravy train journey.

Lets forget this ever happened Modz

20th December , Echo says it isn’t happening , strategic review ongoing . Everybody believes them , shrugs shoulders and gets on with life .
31st December The Athletic says he turned us down , now people are somehow exercised and excited.
Me I’m still in the shrugs shoulders mode ?‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.