Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet that is what happened , it was reported as so at the time by independent journalists,
Moshiri’s statement shortly after sounded well hacked off with ratboy.
To be honest I doubt Moshiri would have him back but you never know with that balloonhead.

Moshiri's statement sounded like he didn't have a clue what was going on. He thought personal terms had been agreed but was unsure. I don't believe that Chelsea were desperate to sign an injured Ross Barkley. I believe that the injury knocked the deal on the head, as you would expect it to. Chelsea decided not to needlessly waste 20 million pound on a player that was going to be in the treatment room between the end of the summer transfer window and the beginning of the winter transfer window.

Moshiri's quote said the deal was agreed prior to a medical, and that he 'thought' but was uncertain that personal terms were agreed. Barkley's quote denies a medical took place at all. Either way, I don't think you can expect any club to pay 35 million for a player that has 12 months left on his contract and is due to be out with an injury for the next six months. I don't believe that Chelsea were willing to pay 35 million for an injured Ross Barkley.
That's quite obvious as they paid £15m a few months later. No idea on what his agent was paid.

No thanks to Barkley. Did nothing at Chelsea, did nothing for villa, currently doing nothing for Chelsea

He was involved with Chelsea's goal against us the other day. He also took a very good corner that would have been an assist had it not been for a miraculous save from Pickford. Personally, I like players that can take decent corners, it seems a long time since we had one.

He was involved with Chelsea's goal against us the other day. He also took a very good corner that would have been an assist had it not been for a miraculous save from Pickford. Personally, I like players that can take decent corners, it seems a long time since we had one.
Still a no from me

Still a no from me

Fair enough. I'm not in love with him. However, I do fear an injury to Doucoure towards the end of March, with everyone thinking we are safe from relegation because we are 9 points away from 18th. We then go winless in April, and suddenly we are 3 points away from relegation with three games to play.

Our central midfield is championship standard without Doucoure. I think the likes of Barkley and yes even Longstaff walk into our abject central midfield at the moment. For me, its the area that needs strengthening the most, although we do need a right back as well. I think we'd be mad not to take Barkley on if he was available on loan.

You said it wouldn’t happen.

It wont. All we have is classic scottish footy media BS and other repeating them.

If Benitez does buy him then I'd have to ask what sort of merit he sees in a FB who cant play FB. It'd go right against his dealings for that position thus far.

It's well known here in the West Mids that Barkley and Grealish had 'issues' last season at Villa. Villa paid for Grealish's Rehab but refused Barkley's because he was only on loan so they kept him out the team. Since he been back I assume he been working at any problems he may have had.

Status
Not open for further replies.