Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, you do get my point, you've just explained it. He was injured, he was going to be out for months, so the transfer was delayed, by which time he only had six months left on his contract so his value had decreased. I don't believe that Chelsea were gagging to sign an injured player that was going to be out for half a season, only for Barkley to put a stop to it.
This is where text can be misinterpreted and I don't know if what I'm saying is coming across correctly.
Chelsea knew about his injury and then bid £35m to officially talk to him. Barkley turned down the move. He then decided to do the same move for £15m six months later. Do you not see anything fishy in that? I'm no Bill Gates microchip under the skin theorist at all, this one is plain as the nose on your face.
Come to us in January and we'll sort you out...... paraphrasing btw and I'm sure said to his agent too.

This is where text can be misinterpreted and I don't know if what I'm saying is coming across correctly.
Chelsea knew about his injury and then bid £35m to officially talk to him. Barkley turned down the move. He then decided to do the same move for £15m six months later. Do you not see anything fishy in that? I'm no Bill Gates microchip under the skin theorist at all, this one is plain as the nose on your face.
Come to us in January and we'll sort you out...... paraphrasing btw and I'm sure said to his agent too.

Moshiri's quote said the deal was agreed prior to a medical, and that he 'thought' but was uncertain that personal terms were agreed. Barkley's quote denies a medical took place at all. Either way, I don't think you can expect any club to pay 35 million for a player that has 12 months left on his contract and is due to be out with an injury for the next six months. I don't believe that Chelsea were willing to pay 35 million for an injured Ross Barkley.

Newcastle would want a lot more for him
Which would only reinforce the point.

Townsend isn't great by any stretch of the imagination, and his "price" reflected that. Is St. Maximin so much better that a fee of £30m, or £40m or even £50m is justified?

Nope.

I'd contend that £20m for St. Maximin would still qualify as overpaying.

If you look at how many minutes he's played each season (Saint Maximin), no big clubs are going to take a big risk on a player that has not really threatened to make an impact near the top of any assist or goal charts, or have the capacity to play more than 30 games per season (mostly a lot less). In short, he is injury prone, doesn't work at all defensively and doesn't produce enough offensively over the course of a season. Hence why he is in his third year at Newcastle without any real whispers of him leaving.

Mate, you do get my point, you've just explained it. He was injured, he was going to be out for months, so the transfer was delayed, by which time he only had six months left on his contract so his value had decreased. I don't believe that Chelsea were gagging to sign an injured player that was going to be out for half a season, only for Barkley to put a stop to it.
Yet that is what happened , it was reported as so at the time by independent journalists,
Moshiri’s statement shortly after sounded well hacked off with ratboy.
To be honest I doubt Moshiri would have him back but you never know with that balloonhead.

Status
Not open for further replies.