2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

just opened this thread to see what the temperature is, Kev50 seems to be keeping it going on his own.

Here's my thoughts on Benitez
It's nothing to do with his liverpool background, I'd gladly take Rodgers at the moment.
I just don't think he's a great manager.
We did well against Chelsea with a severely depleted squad but it didn't take a gifted tactical genius to figure out how to play that game.
I think Brighton game months ago is the only game where we looked comfortable for 90 mins.
Thats one game in half a season.
I know the squad is a hodge podge of managerial stiles but I also get the feeling that Benitez is pruning any excitement out of the team (yea, gray has done well, but I still cant shake the feeling).
I don't like his excuses and his willingness to throw players under the bus in public.
I don't see him building anything exciting for the future and what worries me the most is that if he can survive this, he'll survive almost anything. There's a chance he could be at Everton till he decides he doesn't want to be. He'll do well enough to keep us mid table.
So Everton will be a defensive, mid-table, boring team for the foreseeable future.

Sorry for the downer of a post but there really isn't much to be excited about.

I can't remember what happened to James Beattie after he left us. Seems a long time ago. Since then we had the great successful signings of Klassen and some galoot from Spain, name already gone.

He had been appalling so far, forget the injuries the way we played in the early games before the injuries was very poor. We picked up some points against some poor teams and the football we played was awful. We have, in my opinion, looked good in one match, away to Brighton, the other games we had purple patches for a few minutes without really convincing.

Make no mistake, Benitez is firmly in control now and seems to be convincing the Iranian connoisseur of good football management to give him more and more control. The problem with this is that Benitez has cast a spell on Moshiri, one day Moshiri wakes up, the spell is broken and he runs true to form and sacks him.

The extent of the potential damage depends on how far Benitrz is allowed to get with his power game.
To be honest that is all conjecture as none of us know what exactly is happening at the club.

The potential damage RB can do could hardly be much worse than what has happened in recent years.

just opened this thread to see what the temperature is, Kev50 seems to be keeping it going on his own.

Here's my thoughts on Benitez
It's nothing to do with his liverpool background, I'd gladly take Rodgers at the moment.
I just don't think he's a great manager.
We did well against Chelsea with a severely depleted squad but it didn't take a gifted tactical genius to figure out how to play that game.
I think Brighton game months ago is the only game where we looked comfortable for 90 mins.
Thats one game in half a season.
I know the squad is a hodge podge of managerial stiles but I also get the feeling that Benitez is pruning any excitement out of the team (yea, gray has done well, but I still cant shake the feeling).
I don't like his excuses and his willingness to throw players under the bus in public.
I don't see him building anything exciting for the future and what worries me the most is that if he can survive this, he'll survive almost anything. There's a chance he could be at Everton till he decides he doesn't want to be. He'll do well enough to keep us mid table.
So Everton will be a defensive, mid-table, boring team for the foreseeable future.

Sorry for the downer of a post but there really isn't much to be excited about.
You have to learn to walk before you learn to run.

We have to win games on a regular basis before we worry about the style involved in winning those games.

You have to learn to walk before you learn to run.

We have to win games on a regular basis before we worry about the style involved in winning those games.
I don't disagree, especially with a squad mad up by what, 6 different managers.
But I don't see him ever playing exciting attacking football built on a sound spine and defense.
I mean, after the derby, or some other defeat, he came out and bragged about how much his players ran around.
We ran around more than anyone and now half our squad is out with muscle injuries!
And who wins games running more, particularly if you're chasing shadows.
Look at the wolves game. Keane and Allan had a go at each other because, they were both running around but neither knew where they were supposed to be.
It's all bluster from a bygone era.

Status
Not open for further replies.