Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather we keep Digne but gut says that Benitez is going to do a Rodriguez on him - Digne is his current scapegoat.

As would I, and I agree with your sentiment

In that case, for the greater good, Digne has got to go

I don't like it and it wouldn't be my personal wish, but we can't have a player with Digne's wages sitting on a bench gathering dust when we have FFP issues. He's got to go I'm afraid :(

As would I, and I agree with your sentiment

In that case, for the greater good, Digne has got to go

I don't like it and it wouldn't be my personal wish, but we can't have a player with Digne's wages sitting on a bench gathering dust when we have FFP issues. He's got to go I'm afraid :(
So now not only are we ripping up the club's hierarchy and (limited) strategy to cater to the kopite dinosaur in our dugout, we're getting rid of the few decent players we have, for the same reason?

Outstanding.

Seriously though, if we could get a reasonable price I think Duffy is just what we're looking for, or a player of comparable style

We don't need CB's with silky smooth skills in a Benitez system. We need big blokes who are good in the air and don't mind clobbering folk
So from your last couple of posts you want to sell digne and sign Shane Duffy?

Boss manager you mate

So now not only are we ripping up the club's hierarchy and (limited) strategy to cater to the kopite dinosaur in our dugout, we're getting rid of the few decent players we have, for the same reason?

Outstanding.

Again, I don't like it, but we can't afford to have Digne sitting in the reserves and not playing when we're already bereft of depth in the squad

It sucks, and we'll probably look back in a few years once Benitez has gone and wonder how the heck it all happened, but right now he's the boss and he doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon, so we're going to have to let him have his way

Again, I don't like it, but we can't afford to have Digne sitting in the reserves and not playing when we're already bereft of depth in the squad

It sucks, and we'll probably look back in a few years once Benitez has gone and wonder how the heck it all happened, but right now he's the boss and he doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon, so we're going to have to let him have his way
If only had someone in place who could be given the authority to provide long term structure and strategy to the football side of the business. Giving direction to it, so we're not subsequent to the short term whims of any individual manager. I suppose you could say he'd be Directing the Football operations. I dunno what job title you'd give him though

Seriously though, if we could get a reasonable price I think Duffy is just what we're looking for, or a player of comparable style

We don't need CB's with silky smooth skills in a Benitez system. We need big blokes who are good in the air and don't mind clobbering folk
The days of CB being able to do that are long gone especially with VAR, Keane and Holgate both constantly fly into challenges and give loads away, I don't think we need anymore. We need a solid presence (like Mina) but someone who isn't a snail and can pass it into midfield especially if we are not going to allow the fullbacks to get forward.

If only had someone in place who could be given the authority to provide long term structure and strategy to the football side of the business. Giving direction to it, so we're not subsequent to the short term whims of any individual manager. I suppose you could say he'd be Directing the Football operations. I dunno what job title you'd give him though

Not much point if the goggle eyed freak running the club won't let them do the job properly

The days of CB being able to do that are long gone especially with VAR, Keane and Holgate both constantly fly into challenges and give loads away, I don't think we need anymore. We need a solid presence (like Mina) but someone who isn't a snail and can pass it into midfield especially if we are not going to allow the fullbacks to get forward.

Duffy could do that

He's always been better with the ball at his feet than given credit for

He's no silky technical wizard, but he knows how to pass it

Status
Not open for further replies.