Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a combative CB. Mina is crocked. We need someone who doesn't take prisoners.
He will be 3 months off 30 next sumner. Do we give him a 4 year deal? Imagine him and Keane our CB’s at 33. Like we’ve seen with Keane, he looked good in a defensive system. 100’s of betrer CB’s out there. It’s like Townsend now, yrs he was on a free, but he’s not good enough to kick us on.

We can’t just buy players because They’re free. And even when they are, they still cost money big signing on fee’s high wages. Bernard probably cost us 25mil

He will be 3 months off 30 next sumner. Do we give him a 4 year deal? Imagine him and Keane our CB’s at 33. Like we’ve seen with Keane, he looked good in a defensive system. 100’s of betrer CB’s out there. It’s like Townsend now, yrs he was on a free, but he’s not good enough to kick us on.

We can’t just buy players because They’re free. And even when they are, they still cost money big signing on fee’s high wages. Bernard probably cost us 25mil
We cant go for prospects in the position we're in. They ahve to be blooded in the PL and good to go. This feller will be cheap.

You'll find it very hard to find a full back as good as Digne for us. ( For the money we would lively recieve for him (
Only if we play the system that suits him. We're not. So what to do?
We need 3 strong defenders and a sitting midfielder who can drop back in, like Barry used to do. We haven't got that.
I would love to see us having bombing full backs with a really solid CB pairing and deep lying midfielder who can drop back in. But right or wrong that is not the system we are playing or gonna play.

Personally. I would try to cash in on Digne, Gomes, Mina and Holgate and start again with the defence, and get a decent sitting midfielder.

I can think of a few in our squad.

Exactly mate hes brilliant if your going man for man, like Keane is but if your playing zonal i don't think he has the adaptability myself, if you were looking at someone adaptable for that system, PL road tested, cheapish and getable, and would be drawn to the City you are looking at someone like Connor Coady.
Coady the Kopite? Not happening.

Dave, he's a crab lad.

Haven't we learnt to not sign very average players for big wages ( which is what he will want it he's on a free transfer )

Imagine a partnership of him and Keane Jesus Christ would be the slowest partnership in PL history. It only worked for Burnley because of how deep they sit.
Maybe.

I'm throwing out realistic names.

We cant go for prospects in the position we're in. They ahve to be blooded in the PL and good to go. This feller will be cheap.

We should only be signing players over 26/27 on frees or loans, or extremely low fees.

Our only chance is finding prospects and making them top players, because no top player is coming here in their peak anytime soon. Our only chance is signing young players, making them better, and at times even selling for big profit.

I can think of a few in our squad.

Exactly mate hes brilliant if your going man for man, like Keane is but if your playing zonal i don't think he has the adaptability myself, if you were looking at someone adaptable for that system, PL road tested, cheapish and getable, and would be drawn to the City you are looking at someone like Connor Coady.

I said a few weeks back could do a lot worse than Coady. Lads a leader and not afraid to get his head on the end of things.

I said a few weeks back could do a lot worse than Coady. Lads a leader and not afraid to get his head on the end of things.

I agree mate, i think hes underrated, he has the right attitude and character, has done it at this level and played in every defensive system known to man at Wolves, hes also used to playing in a wing back system and let's be honest - our full backs need covering.

Status
Not open for further replies.