2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
we are a point off tenth. We finished tenth last season. Points are irrelevant. if we match last season's position that is an excellent result given our injury list and inability to spend money. if we lose our next two or three we will still. only be a handful of points off tenth There is. no crisis, except in your head.
If we finish 10th on 13 less points than last season, it shows how poor the league is and is a missed opportunity

Points are what matter at this stage of the season, then places matter more in the final 10 games. You need to get into position first, it's like the first 3 days of a major. If we want top half we will half to up our points per game over the next couple of months.

But as I said, it's far too early to project places when we are still 4 games off half way when everyone has played everyone.
no, if we are focussed on where we finish, then position will always trump points at whatever stage we are at. Your points tally can swing wildly from season to season, nobody cares, it's where you finish visavis to your rivals which is what is important.

we are a point off tenth. We finished tenth last season. Points are irrelevant. if we match last season's position that is an excellent result given our injury list and inability to spend money. if we lose our next two or three we will still. only be a handful of points off tenth There is. no crisis, except in your head.
Whut?

Last time I checked the league was decided by how many a team amassed, like. So the more you get the higher likelihood (albeit not a certainty) you have of a better league finish.

Still don't like him, that's not going to change, however I am hoping that this proves to him that with playing Rondon for 90 mins EVERY game does nothing for us. A mobile attack and we move so much more fluid.

His subs where better last night, half of me thinks he's had a bit of a roasting and told he needs to improve - the other half of me realises as a club we are incapable of making decisions and having those conversations with a manager.

I think you will find your opinions gain more traction as they become more sensible.
Everything I write is sensible, just possibly a tad over your head perhaps Kevin?

Now we are all pleased we finally got a win, but it was long overdue.
You might get easily excited, I tend to have a more mature and adult outlook on the situation, which up until last night was looking very, very dire!

Let’s hope that this is the turning point in the season Kevin, as this divisive appointment has been stinking the house out as we plummeted down the table.

no, if we are focussed on where we finish, then position will always trump points at whatever stage we are at. Your points tally can swing wildly from season to season, nobody cares, it's where you finish visavis to your rivals which is what is important.

Ok I don't think I'm getting anywhere here. After 38 games, the league position matters more than points 100%. But if you don't win enough points in the first 25-30 games, then you won't be in position to challenge for places in the top half. We need more than 46 points to get top half.

Ok I don't think I'm getting anywhere here. After 38 games, the league position matters more than points 100%. But if you don't win enough points in the first 25-30 games, then you won't be in position to challenge for places in the top half. We need more than 46 points to get top half.
yes of course you need points. But if you are worried about position, then the correct barometer of success is always where you are in the table, not how many points you 've got, no matter what stager of the season you are at.

Love him or loathe him..personally I think he is the right man for the job right now..not the best manager but has Zero loyalty to underperforming staff..from players to boardroom. The whole club needs a seismic shift away from the outdated way it’s been run..
getting in big names, next big/hipster manager or chucking money at a problem isn’t working..also I think a young manager wouldn’t work until a lot of other things are in place as it’s a massive job and with no experience at bashing heads at board level and exposing amateurish execs it would destroy an up and coming coach.

so for now benitez can clear out the rubbish and freeloaders..help restructure whilst keeping us in the league then hand over to coach that can take our play to the next level

If we finish 10th on 13 less points than last season, it shows how poor the league is and is a missed opportunity

Not necessarily.

So far there have been 81 draws in the first 15 fixtures of the season. At the same point last season there had only been 70.

That’s an additional 22 points taken out of the league. If we finish on 13 less points but 10th it could just as easily mean the league was more competitive, resulting in more tight games and draws.

You do realise what you are trying to argue with. A plant pot watered down version of benny hill.

Love him or loathe him..personally I think he is the right man for the job right now..not the best manager but has Zero loyalty to underperforming staff..from players to boardroom. The whole club needs a seismic shift away from the outdated way it’s been run..
getting in big names, next big/hipster manager or chucking money at a problem isn’t working..also I think a young manager wouldn’t work until a lot of other things are in place as it’s a massive job and with no experience at bashing heads at board level and exposing amateurish execs it would destroy an up and coming coach.

so for now benitez can clear out the rubbish and freeloaders..help restructure whilst keeping us in the league then hand over to coach that can take our play to the next level

Exactly this

Status
Not open for further replies.