2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely disgusting the posts on here lauding this waster after one fan led victory following 3 months of the worst management this side of Mike Walker
Bit over the top mate, Walter Smith era was just as bad. I didn‘t want Jaffa here, still don't but we need some stability and if it ultimately gets us to where we need to be then we all need to bite the bullet.

Bit over the top mate, Walter Smith era was just as bad. I didn‘t want Jaffa here, still don't but we need some stability and if it ultimately gets us to where we need to be then we all need to bite the bullet.
In terms of pure results I don’t think Smith had a run this bad. Im not confident things will improve - I also remember his supporters here accepting that his benchmark would be the 59 points set last season which he will get nowhere near.

So GOT has officially turned into fanboys v pragmatic posters after 1 win and 5 points out of 27.

This is is how low the bar has been set, looking back through the last few pages there is some cringeworthy stuff as usual from GOT’s resident WUM.

Whilst it’s nice to finally get a win and move us away from the bottom 3, there is going to be a few red faces if we don’t follow that up with at least a point at the weekend.

Let’s see some consistency before we all start proclaiming some sort of phoenix from the ashes going on.

I’m not sure you can call it fan boys v pragmatists.

Most of these ‘fanboys’ were saying that whatever your opinion of Benitez there’s bigger problems at Everton that need fixing before we just fire another manager.

A lot of the ‘pragmatists’ were calling for the manager to be fired, claiming we would be relegated, talking about how we were playing the worst football in the league. He’d apparently lost the players etc.

The fact that we’re mid table after a win where the players put in a huge effort for the manager shows most of that wasn’t actually the case.

Absolutely disgusting the posts on here lauding this waster after one fan led victory following 3 months of the worst management this side of Mike Walker

….it is strange how his few supporters are aligning a terrific result on the pitch to what Benitez is doing off it. The same posters have been saying he can’t be judged on results because of injuries, yet they applaud him on one victory.

Last night was a magnificent outcome but we still only have 18 points. I don’t think it was a victory for Benitez, it was more a victory despite Benitez.

There are a few getting a little carried away. Nobody will be happier than me if we get into a safe zone but i find Benitez unpalatable even if I do wish him every success.

He needs to get us consistently picking up points now

If he gets at least 4 points from Palace, Chelsea and Leicester I'll consider that a good return considering how we've been doing previously

Yeah - Chelsea away is a difficult one regardless of injuries and who the manager is. Nobody is expecting much in that one.

Palace away - be looking for at least a point there as we need to try and build a bit of momentum of some sort

Leicester at home - This one needs to be three points. We simply need to win this one in front of the fans. Everything is fragile and keeping Goodison onside is a massive deal

Great win that, let’s enjoy it. Fair play to Benitez, he eventually got it right for the last 15 minutes when he brought on Gomes and went three in midfield, mind you, the world and his wife have been able to see for a couple of months that we can’t play with a two in midfield. The other big factors tonight were the well publicised unrest among the fans, which gave some of the slackers on the pitch no hiding place, the fact that injury meant he couldn’t inflict another 90 minutes of Rondon on us and the fact that Arsenal were woeful.

Let’s just hope that Mr. Stubborn can now admit that he has been wrong in his tactics, accept that, with our players, there is absolutely no place for a midfield two and let’s have the Venezuelan yard dog nowhere near the squad anymore. This squad is mid table level, not bottom four level, let’s see some competent management here now and consolidate in mid table.

I don’t think Benitez is the answer here, but, I hope he has learned his lesson and will stick with three in midfield and not be allowed to bring in anymore of his pet players from the past in January. I really worry about his alleged willingness to sell Pickford in order to raise funds. Yes we need players in, but, if Pickford goes the other goalkeepers in the squad are truly Terrible.

It'll be interesting to see how we line up next match. Last night proved we need to play 3 in midfield. He has been less than pragmatic so far in accepting this.

He is arguably in his most powerful position right now so if he digs his heels in an reverts to 442 or 4411 then we will struggle to win another game this side of xmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.