27 years campaign

For or against

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure I totally agree with that, but would at least expect not to be getting knocked out of cup competitions by the likes of QPR and repeated no shows against Man City, Liverpool etc...Should at least be able to give them a game.
Not too much to ask, surely ?
My feeling is to really build it up we're going to need to commit to a way of playing and that commitment might mean we lose matches because we don't go away from it chasing results especially against a side like City or the RS. For example Arsenal went to the pit and just played how they try to play. It went horribly but in the long run that's going to be valuable for the players in improving and honestly for Arteta in seeing where the limits are. I think we'll need to be ok with that happening (not in the derby necessarily) in the future so long as it fits into a longer plan.

We havent handed Liverpool a game for years, last seasons away win has the same asterix by it the fake title they won has.
QPR, that was the one thing Rafael did annoy me with but looking at it now those extra games would not of helped us
There have been a few one offs. The 3-3 in 2014 and the draw last year were competitive games but largely you're right, we get outplayed and pray to scrape a draw.

There have been a few one offs. The 3-3 in 2014 and the draw last year were competitive games but largely you're right, we get outplayed and pray to scrape a draw.
Fair comment, but let’s face it, recent games have highlighted how bad the situation and gulf now is. I know we’ve had injuries but other teams with less resources have competed against them.

I have a question.

Say this works and over the course of the next few months Moshiri sacks everyone. Are we going to be patient with the new people? Or are we going to be sat here come August talking about Europe and trophies like that is realistic?

For me whilst results are of huge importance to the future of the club, long term, we (fans) need to have a reason to support the club.

There is no vision.
There is no communication.
There is no accountability.
There is no governance.

We need that as much as good results.

Sneaky that.

Also it's a load of rubbish. And I can't take anyone seriously who repeats that nonsense about running

How about the players give something back to the fans for once. There efforts have been largely abysmal throughout this calendar year and no amount of guilt tripping will change that.
Shows you how badly we are struggling when the club think Keane is the player least likely to provoke hostility when delivering the rallying cry.

Why’s that ? Is it because we are in such desperate need of points due to terrible coaching/management that one protest at a home game could make or break our premier league survival?
We do need the points - but we also need to back our team. Especially for such a crucial match.
It's a terrible idea and appalling timing in my view and I hope it fails miserably - but I guess we'll see how many take part.

Influence piece;

• But we think they won't enjoy coming to Goodison, it is a difficult place for teams when the fans are right behind us and we’re on our game.

• The fans here are so passionate, more so than any others in the country, in my opinion. When they are behind us, it is a huge advantage, it lifts us and drives us forward.

• But we think they won't enjoy coming to Goodison, it is a difficult place for teams when the fans are right behind us and we’re on our game.

Fans are starting to see past the PR controlled robots like some of our players, Maguire at united is getting black for it.

I'd love one of our players just to come out and say we're playing s*** and some need a kick up the arse etc.

See Ballingham on the ref against Bayern - that's how it should be.

We do need the points - but we also need to back our team. Especially for such a crucial match.
It's a terrible idea and appalling timing in my view and I hope it fails miserably - but I guess we'll see how many take part.
We are going nowhere apart from down under this manager Terry - I think that’s obvious - he’s a fraud that’s been found out well before joined us here. Most people have come to the conclusion that giving him their support now won’t improve things. Which is why they’ve turned.

Given how results have gone is it really that unreasonable to think that way ?

We havent handed Liverpool a game for years, last seasons away win has the same asterix by it the fake title they won has.
QPR, that was the one thing Rafael did annoy me with but looking at it now those extra games would not of helped us

eh?

we had lost one game at home in 9 games. literally won the last derby as well

Status
Not open for further replies.