Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huge amount of bedwetting for years. Apart from 2020 when Carlo came in.

We aren’t magically exempt from relegation because we are Everton though, it will happen one day.

We aren’t magically exempt from relegation because we are Everton though, it will happen one day.

Keep asking for it, it may just happen. Mathematically everyone from 4th down can get relegated.

It's pure PTSD from the 90s. We've had worst squads and not gone down. Teams don't finish 10th then get relegated unless there's complete chaos from top to bottom or a steady decline over seasons.

League positions since Mosh took over -
7th, 8th, 8th, 12th, 10th.

We're just poor at the moment. The problem is the future and going forward rather than thinking we'd get relegated.

I think Burnley, Norwich and Brentford will all finish below us. They beat us the other week but Brentford looked very poor to me. Watford and Leeds also struggling and Burnley are always hovering around at the bottom. Newcastle I suspect will be ok.

Keep asking for it, it may just happen. Mathematically everyone from 4th down can get relegated.

It's pure PTSD from the 90s. We've had worst squads and not gone down. Teams don't finish 10th then get relegated unless there's complete chaos from top to bottom or a steady decline over seasons.

League positions since Mosh took over -
7th, 8th, 8th, 12th, 10th.

We're just poor at the moment. The problem is the future and going forward rather than thinking we'd get relegated.

My fear of relegation is more next year or the year after under this manager, with this squad and this board.

I think we will get to 45 points this year and be irrelevant about 13th. But I think it's pretty clear that we are trending downwards quite rapidly, and eventually that points to relegation. Unless we make big changes then I see it happenning in the next 2-3 seasons.

I don't think I'm being overly dramatic. Being overly dramatic would be saying we are doomed this year. Either way, the medium to long term outlook is pretty bleak and if nothing changes, it's going to happen some time.

I cannot see us winning another game as things currently are and we could conceivably be in the bottom 3 in 2 games time.

Relegation is definitely a possibility this season. We are the worst team in the league.

It has been coming ever since Moshiri took over tbh. A clueless and very dangerous man who i am beginning to despise.

My fear of relegation is more next year or the year after under this manager, with this squad and this board.

I think we will get to 45 points this year and be irrelevant about 13th. But I think it's pretty clear that we are trending downwards quite rapidly, and eventually that points to relegation. Unless we make big changes then I see it happenning in the next 2-3 seasons.

I don't think I'm being overly dramatic. Being overly dramatic would be saying we are doomed this year. Either way, the medium to long term outlook is pretty bleak and if nothing changes, it's going to happen some time.

Oh absolutely. I'm in the same boat. I think that's the main issue overall. Everything else is just what's led to this.

It's also why I think the shot at the board on Monday should be a reminder that the long term strategy isn't there and to make sure something happens.

Said it when Carlo left. Whoever came in has to show progress in areas to be given time. Benitez hasn't shown that. Even as basic as being solid defensively he can't do.

Best thing that could happen to us. Should have happened at least a decade ago.

Maybe people will then wake up.

Last time I panicked was just before Big Sam came in after Lukaku was sold and we spent £150 million.

Please boys we need a heroic 3 points on Monday! I don't want that desperate feeling back.

Honestly I would be so happy to have Sigurdsson back in the squad at least he has some quality and output.

Status
Not open for further replies.