2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My issue with him is that he doesn’t seem to have a plan B, at least when Carlo was here and we had injuries he knew how to pick up results (even if it was ugly).

The problem with Rafael is that, even though I think he’ll do well in the long term, I doubt he’ll be able to overcome the issues with the lack of quality this squad has in the short-term.

He said it himself, mistakes due to lack of quality cost us against Liverpool. We need to become more defensive minded and stop expecting to play on the front foot when our defence has so many mistakes in them.

Those who are saying give him time are I think unaware of or oblivious to just how far we have fallen in terms of standard of play and results.

We are going to get smashed out of sight on Monday and probably beaten against Palace after that.

Follow that up with a hammering at Chelsea and we could enter the Leicester game in the bottom 3.

How can that possible sequence possibly be considered worth persisting with ?

Just to ‘prove’ some kind of obscure point to a group of professional players who will outlast the waiter?

Status
Not open for further replies.