2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But was that down to his style or the tools he had at his disposal?

Isn't this what we are criticising Benitez for, not playing to the players strengths.

Ye but at least fat Sam played to his strengths and although that was one of the worst spells in our recent history football wise, we did what it said on the tin, defended well.

Rafael is supposed.to he the same type of manager and we are absolutely terrible in every department.

Basically fat Sam took a worse squad and got them far more organised and made us far harder to beat than the supposed boss manager that is Rafael

He has the board under his thumb and he knows it. I can just imagine how easily he manipulates Bill by telling him fantasies about how good Everton will be soon.

His style, for which he built a career out of for over 20 years.

Get the ball away from our goal as quick as possible and pick up second balls; that’s his tactics
Think he gets bad rep due to the job he's renowned for, relegation battles.

His Bolton team played some good footy.

Some great analysis by you in this thread.

Hats off.
There are some good points in there. I do feel from a tactical perspective another body in midfield would have helped on Wednesday because the last thing you need against them is conceding a goal early. Frustrate them and get a foothold in the game. We weren’t going to press effectively with Rondon either which gave them outballs to easy but to be fair for our failings they passed the ball well on the night. The thing which did outrage me at the time was putting Delph on at 3-1. You could say the game was gone but go down fighting. We put up the white flag. I don’t think some players are happy currently. Digne and Coleman in particular have not been themselves, Richarlison didn’t look up for the fight for me. I would give Coleman a break personally and give Kenny or Holgate a run. Priority is a Right back in the Window. All is not lost though. A couple of wins could have us looking up rather than looking below us.

There are some good points in there. I do feel from a tactical perspective another body in midfield would have helped on Wednesday because the last thing you need against them is conceding a goal early. Frustrate them and get a foothold in the game. We weren’t going to press effectively with Rondon either which gave them outballs to easy but to be fair for our failings they passed the ball well on the night. The thing which did outrage me at the time was putting Delph on at 3-1. You could say the game was gone but go down fighting. We put up the white flag. I don’t think some players are happy currently. Digne and Coleman in particular have not been themselves, Richarlison didn’t look up for the fight for me. I would give Coleman a break personally and give Kenny or Holgate a run. Priority is a Right back in the Window. All is not lost though. A couple of wins could have us looking up rather than looking below us.
I can see why he brought on Delph. I was disappointed he didn't do it against Brentford.
By bringing him on we pushed Douc's up top. Maybe not for Townsend though.
I liked the idea it just didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.