2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
….as somebody who’s hamstrings pop walking upstairs, I’m increasingly concerned about this big muscle injury that DCL has. Once they start they can impact a players career to such an extent i wouldn’t invest in anybody with that record (Delph).

i remember suggesting we cash in on James McCarthy when his dodgy hamstrings started. A quad is such a weird one and such a worrying one. Being out for this length of time means it’s serious, players tend to protect them in games, even subconsciously.
Gbamin was Quad too right?

I wouldn't be scared of selling anyone, but there needs to be a plan about how we improve from selling him or Richarlison or anyone else for that matter

well I mean I'd be scared about selling the player who our current manager has built his entire thinking around and is insisting everything will be fine once he comes back.

Bigger concern is the media saying he won't play before Christmas. What on earth has happened

His injury was serious and it's absolute madness that he was allowed back to train in September.

I can't side with Benitez on a lot but he was, understandably, absolutely fuming about how the injury was handled and so was Calvert-Lewin.

….as somebody who’s hamstrings pop walking upstairs, I’m increasingly concerned about this big muscle injury that DCL has. Once they start they can impact a players career to such an extent i wouldn’t invest in anybody with that record (Delph).

i remember suggesting we cash in on James McCarthy when his dodgy hamstrings started. A quad is such a weird one and such a worrying one. Being out for this length of time means it’s serious, players tend to protect them in games, even subconsciously.

Sounds like we may be selling him...

Just read that the Mirror and the Mail are claiming Arsenal will move for DCL

Bascombe too

They were in for him in the summer, had enquiries rebuffed.

Nothing will happen in January but will be tough to hang onto him next summer, especially with this manager

I wouldn't be scared of selling anyone, but there needs to be a plan about how we improve from selling him or Richarlison or anyone else for that matter

Only player I'd be gutted to lose. And we will lose him under this manager no doubt.

Rumours saying £60mil which seem daft to me.

£80-100mil should be the fee, hes no Kane or Lukaku but is capable of 20 goals a season, best young english forward, highly regarded by the media etc etc.

If we know something about the injury then i wonder if we may sell in Jan to maximise the fee?

It wouldnt amaze me to see us sell DCL, Richarlison and Mina between now and the summer.

Sounds like we may be selling him...

Rumours saying £60mil which seem daft to me.

£80-100mil should be the fee, hes no Kane or Lukaku but is capable of 20 goals a season, best young english forward, highly regarded by the media etc etc.

If we know something about the injury then i wonder if we may sell in Jan to maximise the fee?

It wouldnt amaze me to see us sell DCL, Richarlison and Mina between now and the summer.

It'd be next summer if he left but I think there's a fair chance 2/3 are out of the door yes

Status
Not open for further replies.