2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not a huge fan of R.A.F.A, but I’ve never known a manager suffer with so many injuries. Even Pickford has been out this season! We really
missed the likes of
Digne, Doucoure (desperately!) and we are of course still missing our best defender (Mina) and our only centre-forward Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

The media has mocked our fan-base mercilessly today because some blues left the derby after just 19 minutes. One pundit said our fans were the worst in the world! That is a ludicrous overreaction because it was only a tiny number that left. When it was 2-1 and we nearly equalised I thought “I bet they’re regretting leaving so early”.It really looked like we might get something out of the game. Sadly their decision turned out to be vindicated. Had they stayed to cheer our team on, though, the outcome of the match might have been different. It might have given our lads a lift.
Not a huge fan but taking the effort to use his pet name.

What games specifically do you feel we missed digne in? As you imply he has missed a large portion of the season.

Not a huge fan but taking the effort to use his pet name.

What games specifically do you feel we missed digne in? As you imply he has missed several.
We missed Digne against Wolves, desperately so.

And the others I named we’ve missed for months.

Let’s not attack each other for calling our own manager by a nickname that he’s had since the ‘90s. We’re all blues lad.

I’m not a huge fan of R.A.F.A, but I’ve never known a manager suffer with so many injuries. Even Pickford has been out this season! We really
missed the likes of
Digne, Doucoure (desperately!) and we are of course still missing our best defender (Mina) and our only centre-forward Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

The media has mocked our fan-base mercilessly today because some blues left the derby after just 19 minutes. One pundit said our fans were the worst in the world! That is a ludicrous overreaction because it was only a tiny number that left. When it was 2-1 and we nearly equalised I thought “I bet they’re regretting leaving so early”.It really looked like we might get something out of the game. Sadly their decision turned out to be vindicated. Had they stayed to cheer our team on, though, the outcome of the match might have been different. It might have given our lads a lift.

Can you post the links mate to where the media mocked our fan base mercilessly. I haven't seen that today so will make for interesting reading.

We missed Digne against Wolves, desperately so.

And the others I named we’ve missed for months.

Let’s not attack each other for calling our own manager by a nickname that he’s had since the ‘90s. We’re all blues lad.
Not attacking. Just pointing out that the his pet name changes for a reason on this site but you have gone to extra lengths to continue calling him it.

So missed 1 game. You made out that he had been gone for many games by including him with the other longer injuries.

This is completely untrue I'm afraid mate.

Gray was 100% Brands. He was scouting Leverkusen all last season and identified him as a good ball carrier.

The Benitez signings this summer were Lonergan, Begovic, Rondon & Townsend. 3 awful players and one average one. Continuing his woeful record in recruitment.

I suggest you do some more research. Begovic was the only player Brands brought to the club in the summer. Gray was 100% Rafas signing.

Go and read Rafas interview in which he clearly states that he had been following his career over the last 4 years. Was regularly in touch with his agent and was texting him whilst in Germany. Brands may have been scouting Germany, but Gray was all Rafael.

I suggest you do some more research. Begovic was the only player Brands brought to the club in the summer. Gray was 100% Rafas signing.

Go and read Rafas interview in which he clearly states that he had been following his career over the last 4 years. Was regularly in touch with his agent and was texting him whilst in Germany. Brands may have been scouting Germany, but Gray was all Rafael.
Do you not find that all a bit weird though? He met him once when they played Leicester and then asked someone for his mobile number to start texting him years later. A bit creepy if you ask me.

Has a pretty horrid injury record to hide behind. The issue has been the millions wasted on rubbish players prior to this season.

18 minutes in?? This thread has been going since the 14 August o_O Hopefully it will be locked and archived soon because that would mean Benitez is history;)
Last night was our worst derby defeat at Goodison, since the Glenn Keeley derby. Benitez sure can count himself lucky, that the board are seemingly and astonishingly, going to allow him manage the team against Arsenal on Monday night. How many lives has this cat got?

missed the likes of

I'm not sure how a few dozen fans staying would have helped us get a result

Status
Not open for further replies.