Sack him or not

Simple question.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't really achieve anything if we do except make our FFP situation worse.

That said, if he was thrown out he hasn't got any right to complain. Injuries and an inept board don't justify absolutely moronic tactical decisions like tonight, Wolves, Brentford and Watford. He's a dinosaur and has been living off Istanbul for absolutely years.

Sack him and get who?.

There are a plethora of managers who would take the role on, 6 million a year, sure that has some pulling power

Don't think we can use that as an excuse, I have tried to give Fat Man time but......nah, this is worse than Silva and Koeman in their final weeks before the axe

We need to act now so when the run of games is a little kinder we have also new manager honeymoon period, hopefully we can get another 20 points to see us safe.

Just an FYI the redshite have scored 43 so far this season in the league, we have scored 17, can you see us scoring again if Rondon continues up front

Presently I can only see the odd draw here an there if we keep as is?

Doesn't really achieve anything if we do except make our FFP situation worse.

That said, if he was thrown out he hasn't got any right to complain. Injuries and an inept board don't justify absolutely moronic tactical decisions like tonight, Wolves, Brentford and Watford. He's a dinosaur and has been living off Istanbul for absolutely years.
The manager pay off can be spread over years, it wouldn't hurt us as much as being as crap as we are now would.

Goodison won't be full on Monday. A Monday in December, rising prices, crap footy, dreadful team and manager. No chance. You watch how the games over Xmas turn out attendance wise.

And that hurts the club.

I only say No, because I don't think the board has a plan to fix all the current problems they caused and has no plan on who to replace him with.
I do not want us to end up with a manager who is a close friend of Usmanov or Moshiri.

Injuries simply expose the horrible squad that has been put together. Do I think things will improve if Mina and DCL come back asap? Of course. By how much is questionable.

Richarlison, Pickford and DCL are the three players with significant sale value. The rest?

It’s horrific how all this has been allowed to happen.

It starts from the top down. Any new manager particularly once the honeymoon period ends, will have to face the fractures of the football club that have lingered far too long.

My feeling is those three getting stick tonight will dismiss it as a derby loss and emotions are high after it and a win against Arsenal would subside it significantly. They may be right sadly.

The question has to be...is he the right man to keep us up? Forget long term, forget projects- the squad is so bad we could genuinely go down.

I have no idea, but I do know whoever comes in needs to be on a shorter term contract. The manager we need now is not the manager we need for the next few years. We didn't need Big Sam in 2017 in the end but we do need someone like that for the rest of this season

Who do you replace him with?

I don’t want to hear any Ferguson or Unsy shouts - they’re as bad as any of them at this point.

So if we do go external - who do we get who can help us climb from potential relegation candidates to top table? As far as I’m concerned, the most qualified guy we could even go to market and get (without giving someone another payday) is already the manager. We won’t get a better calibre manager than him right now - guaranteed.

anybody who said yes, who do we bring in? seriously. we have had 2 top mangers who are proven and won things on Carlo and Rafael and they can't get a tune out of these players. we need to stick with a manager and let him move these on otherwise we will still have these players while another manager assesses them yet again

anybody who said yes, who do we bring in? seriously. we have had 2 top mangers who are proven and won things on Carlo and Rafael and they can't get a tune out of these players. we need to stick with a manager and let him move these on otherwise we will still have these players while another manager assesses them yet again
Benitez is not a top manager, them days sailed away years ago !

Status
Not open for further replies.