Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saying who will we bring in next is not a valid reason for keeping someone.

An interim till the end of the season is better than this failed experiment.

If Benitez does have to go, that will have to be the case imo. Financially we cannot sign up a manager on a long-term deal after what it would cost us to sack him. Obviously, I'd prefer for Benitez to just actually turn things around.

Wrong.

I'll vault this.
When we get stuffed by them on Thursday fans will turn on him and the board - Goodison will become a bear pit and there will be mayhem by the directors box.

The board will sack him as a sacrifice to placate the masses, rather than accept any of the blame themselves.

The money Carlo had and he got us 10th. And at the time, we all lauded him, if he’d have been unfortunate to lose DCL, amongst others, for such a long period we wouldn’t even have got 10th. But Benitez is judged on other things.
I'm judging Benitez on the fact that, when hired, he hadn't a great recent managerial record, nothing of note bar not managing to save Newcastle and then getting them promoted.
On paper he inherited a half decent squad and yes, it sucks that he had little or no money to strengthen it but no one was expecting CL qualification.
I'm judging him on performances.
I don't think I've ever seen an Everton team capitulate so badly as this team and they did it twice in a matter of weeks against sides they should be beating.
The performance against City was an actual disgrace. Yea, you might say what else could we do, it's all down to opinion but we were awful, our attitude was awful.
I'm judging him on his unwillingness to change anything. Maybe go 3 at the back or give Dobbin/Simms a go.
Honestly, to me, it looks like the players are being coached by a PE teacher and a few moments of individual brilliance from Gray and Townsend has covered up the inevitable mess.
Even with DCL and Mina back I don't see him ever fielding an Everton team that will be able to win easily. It'll always be a struggle and with the high intensity training, there's always going to be injuries.

I actually think a lot of people are defending him because it took a lot to accept him in the first place.
Nuno wasn't doing it at spurs to they sacked him and hired a good manager. Not rocket science like.

When we get stuffed by them on Thursday fans will turn on him and the board - Goodison will become a bear pit and there will be mayhem by the directors box.

The board will sack him as a sacrifice to placate the masses, rather than accept any of the blame themselves.
You a big fan of Scally mate? :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.