2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
….I’m not so sure, Kev. Moshiri won’t want another manager recruitment so I doubt he’ll be pulling the trigger just yet.

What might impact change is fans reaction. The powers that be will be aware of the after match exchanges and that might unsettle them but I doubt anything is imminent. They might see that as against the players more than the manager.

Personally, I think Benitez was more culpable than the players yesterday.
Yes I’m not saying Moshiri will be entering into this willingly. You could argue he faced similar situations with Martinez and Silva in particular.

The fans reaction at the end yesterday was horrendous. As bad as I’ve ever seen it. You could see the shock on the players faces when they approached the away end at the end. It took Coleman to speak to them so they could process it clearly.

That reaction will get back to Moshiri and he will act. The players are actually fireproof due to long contracts in a heavily unionized environment. So they cannot really be 'held to account' in a way a manager can.

Last edited:
I've sort of conditioned myself to accept that between now and Jan 1st we would have been lucky to add another six points to our current total. During this time seriously deep thought will be ongoing about the current situation and what needs to be done about it.
Quite what that is I don't know, but the romantic in me says that the new year will see an upturn in our fortunes.

Have we ever had a manager loose the majority of the fanbase and manage to bring it back? Seems like we're just prolonging the inevitable, perhaps to buy the board some more time.

….the problem Benitez has is fans will turn against him very quickly. Things will quieten with a decent run of results but the situation will always be a tinderbox.

i doubt he’d ever win the fan base, the majority will tolerate him as long as results are ok.

Have we ever had a manager loose the majority of the fanbase and manage to bring it back? Seems like we're just prolonging the inevitable, perhaps to buy the board some more time.
If we win our next two home games nobody will be saying anything negative and it’ll all be forgotten about. There were protests and people calling for Kendall’s head just before our most successful period of our history.

Footballs a results game, Arteta has gone from looking absolutely clueless to some kind of genius even though he’s played the same way in every single game - it’s all about getting 3 points week in week out.

Denmark manager being linked, tenuously, in the foreign press.

Looking at his record, it’s a “no” from me lol

6B405C78-E89A-43A3-9BE5-692D5B38FB66.jpeg

….Kasper Hjulmand.

If we win our next two home games nobody will be saying anything negative and it’ll all be forgotten about. There were protests and people calling for Kendall’s head just before our most successful period of our history.

Footballs a results game, Arteta has gone from looking absolutely clueless to some kind of genius even though he’s played the same way in every single game - it’s all about getting 3 points week in week out.

Correct answer football fans are fickle myself included in that.

Problem is this squad are bang average and have form for throwing in the towel under numerous managers. Its a culture in the dressing room and we need to give a manager time to weed them oot.

Many managers dont want to run the club that way - managers like Benitez and Moyes are of a dying breed and often the DOF is tasked with running the different departments however if he is failing doing that we need a manager who is willing to do it.

Benitez is the antidote for the venom thats been running through the clubs veins for years but fans dont have patience to let him do what is required.

He's booted Dr Death already.

Started putting pressure on Brands through the media.

Will no doubt know which players he cant rely on going forward when he is finally given money to spend.

We have to give him time.

Ralf Rangnick would have likely never joined but he would have been one of the only ones named I would have liked if Benitez went as he would have wanted total control of everything.

He lost a massive chunk before the first game, even if he won the league they would still feel the same.
Everyone’s entitled to their own view, it just makes it even more bizarre that the club hired him.

It won't though it will go quiet until the next time we hit a bad run and then it will all come to the fore again it was always going to be like this. It's like a couple after someone's cheated they can have periods where everything seems ok but as soon as they hit a bump in the road all the resentment comes pouring out again. It will go away with real success but not with a few good results.

It's over for him. Done. When our away fans turn on you like that you're finished. Going the match isn't like chatting bubbles on the Internet. People don't just call the manager and players for everything in numbers like that at the match, especially away from home. When the fans turn against the players/manager like that there's no coming back from it

Status
Not open for further replies.