2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But Kev you just voted in the thread i posted that you want immediate success.. not a 2.5 year project ?
are the 2 exclusive? I believe Ten Haag would get us in the top 7 this season. For me, that is immediete success and what we should be aiming for.

Bringing in some unproven, unknown if that is your definition of 2.5 year project, is not the answer.

are the 2 exclusive? I believe Ten Haag would get us in the top 7 this season. For me, that is immediete success and what we should be aiming for.

Bringing in some unproven, unknown if that is your definition of 2.5 year project, is not the answer.

So youre saying you would buy in to a long term project only under a manager who achieved immediate success ?

Straight competition? Newcastle? As that's where this manager is taking us when this same squad was 10th and got us 59 points last season. 59 points which would have had top 8, and sometimes 4th in all but 1 of the last 20 seasons.

The bit in bold was because he had no full backs and an injury crisis. (Often with Mina out). He didn't have 1 cb injury and call it a crisis.

I don’t think 59 points has ever got 4th tbh?

We have to take a risk at this point
We havent already the last few years? Why not wait until summer, then if you want to sack Rafael itl be much more cheap. Ten Hag has just finished top of his group in the championsleague. Id think to make him even consider switching mid season youre looking at 20 million at least.

We havent already the last few years? Why not wait until summer, then if you want to sack Rafael itl be much more cheap. Ten Hag has just finished top of his group in the championsleague. Id think to make him even consider switching mid season youre looking at 20 million at least.

I don’t know about you but I’d like to stay in this league.

Because what has passed is no longer relevant

Disagree there - so if a Norwich fan said Everton were no bigger a club because they won their 9 league titles and 5 FA Cups a while ago you would agree with them?

People talk about football "moving on" and "progressive" "dinosaur" managers but I don't buy that when all these progressive managers like Potter, Lampard, Frank, Marco Silva ever win anything of serious note in their careers.

Footballs a simple game - have 11x 6ft+ strong, fast, pacey players who can fight, tackle, press and pass the ball and you'll do well.

We have 4 or 5 players who fit that description so is there any wonder why we struggle under every single manager?

Keep Benitez and let him drain the swamp and rebuild the squad which is what I think the owners will do.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t tolerate 13th/14th in season 1 if that’s what you mean - no.

Thats the thing, anyone can say "i want a long term plan". But you want a 'plan' where a manager comes in...takes us to Europe and stays and builds the team each year into something better.

With limited funds to spend and taking over from this manager using this squad.

Long term plan in that case is a magician.

I reckon we need ro incorporate a style of play, move the players on over a few windows and rebuild.

Disagree there - so if a Norwich fan said Everton were no bigger a club because they won their 9 league titles and 5 FA Cups a while ago you would agree with them?

People talk about football "moving on" and "progressive" "dinosaur" managers but I don't buy that when all these progressive managers like Potter, Lampard, Frank, Marco Silva ever win anything of serious note in their careers.

Footballs a simple - have 11x 6ft+ strong, fast, pacey players who can fight, tackle, press and pass the ball and you'll do well.

We have 4 or 5 players who fit that description so is there any wonder why we struggle under every single manager?

Keep Benitez and let him drain the swamp and rebuild the squad which is what I think the owners will do.
What makes you think he is capable of doing that? His transfer record is not glowing and he needs money to do it. He is not a manager who finds bargains he buys ready to go "out of the box" players. We also have our DOF issue there.

On the other point, sadly the past is kind of irrelevant. It's nice to have but it doesn't do anything in the present time.

Footballs a simple - have 11x 6ft+ strong, fast, pacey players who can fight, tackle, press and pass the ball and you'll do well.

quick, someone tell all these successful teams that they’re doing it wrong and some weirdo on an Everton forum has solved the Da Vinci code of footy

Status
Not open for further replies.