2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Overall the media seem to be reporting yesterday as Everton players pulling their tripes out to get a result but lacking composure and a cutting edge to get a goal, the upcoming disaster against Liverpool, and Benitez's need to get players in January.

I think that's about the strength of the narrative in the non-GOT world.

You mean all the rs reporters Dave who infest nearly every single newsprint, TV & radio, aren't questioning one of their best mates even though we haven't won a game in 2 months???

How strange!

I bet they even gave the Brentford keeper the motm award as well for keeping Everton at bay.

Soon

05A65384-E19A-462C-9A5B-A38F8F66D5A3.jpeg

Overall the media seem to be reporting yesterday as Everton players pulling their tripes out to get a result but lacking composure and a cutting edge to get a goal, the upcoming disaster against Liverpool, and Benitez's need to get players in January.

I think that's about the strength of the narrative in the non-GOT world.

Did you watch the game? Would you consider that “pulling their tripes out”? I don’t care about stats, I watched them strolling around for the last half an hour when 1-0 down occasionally putting a cross onto their centre backs head and allowing them to time waste every single time the ball went out. We mustered up one actual clear cut chance in the game and it was in the first half. I don’t care about stats, it was an appalling performance.

Wow, their keeper must have had a worldy keeping us out then Dave.
Actually he was supposed to be their weak link and he had a decent game.

It was a close match that Brentford won but Everton edged in terms of chances created.

Away from all the bluster that's about the only way of assessing that game.

The players are with the manager, they are willing, but they just lack a leader in defence, a goal scorer and some confidence.

That'll come sooner or later. And it's my belief the owner wont push the panic button without handing the manager time and some cash to arrest this. It makes no sense to hire a manager and sack a manager without backing him with time and cash...even Moshiri has done that to a degree with the others.

They had 3 clear shots at goal from in and around the 6 yard box. GK makes decent saves. Another day and a least 2 go in.

This is all about fiortune and getting a break to let the confidence of the team flow in the absence of injures to players who can be a real influence.

He's got to use everything at his disposal in that type of game. I don't even think Brentford even defended well, they just made it compact. Still didn't stop Gray putting 3 great crosses in, Coleman also putting some dangerous balls in. But when you have a striker who hasn't scored (he registered his first shot all season in that game), Iwobi who's scored 5 goals in 3 years, and Gordon who has scored 0...you've got Doucoure who is the only goal threat.

With odds like that...just boost them by throwing on more attackers at least at some point. Got to 80mins you knew we weren't getting anything out of it because the manager wasn't pushing it

You mean all the rs reporters Dave who infest nearly every single newsprint, TV & radio, aren't questioning one of their best mates even though we haven't won a game in 2 months???

How strange!

I bet they even gave the Brentford keeper the motm award as well for keeping Everton at bay.
He has media clout, no doubt about that. But it is VERY premature to be thinking this owner (ven after a heavy defeat against Liverpool) will sack him.

6 months after hiring him? I just dont see that.

Actually he was supposed to be their weak link and he had a decent game.

It was a close match that Brentford won but Everton edged in terms of chances created.

Away from all the bluster that's about the only way of assessing that game.

The players are with the manager, they are willing, but they just lack a leader in defence, a goal scorer and some confidence.

That'll come sooner or later. And it's my belief the owner wont push the panic button without handing the manager time and some cash to arrest this. It makes no sense to hire a manager and sack a manager without backing him with time and cash...even Moshiri has done that to a degree with the others.

Exactly Dave, at some point this season we'll win a game of football again won't we so at least that's something we can all look forward to.

Might be a nice Christmad treat for the kids if we win one before the year is out.

He's got to use everything at his disposal in that type of game. I don't even think Brentford even defended well, they just made it compact. Still didn't stop Gray putting 3 great crosses in, Coleman also putting some dangerous balls in. But when you have a striker who hasn't scored (he registered his first shot all season in that game), Iwobi who's scored 5 goals in 3 years, and Gordon who has scored 0...you've got Doucoure who is the only goal threat.

With odds like that...just boost them by throwing on more attackers at least at some point. Got to 80mins you knew we weren't getting anything out of it because the manager wasn't pushing it
I already said yesterday I wont defend that decision.

No, I'm not suggesting it - Im stating it as a fact.

Do you think this squad is in any way fot for purpose for a top half of the table finish?

Then if you do you haven't been taking notice.

They are 'kin tripe.

This squad was top 6 for the majority of last season. So yes its capable. Your level of Faith in the manager borders on the comical. You one believe he can get a result against Brentford but want to keep him. Absolute delusions

Sorry when did that happen? I’ve never seen a worse crosser of the ball in my life.

Gray & Townsend for £1.7m is fantastic business and I would like to see him given the £200 million+ that Silva and Koeman had to spend because I think he would get us big, strong quick lads in.

You look at WHU they aint a massively talented they are just fast and strong and get stuck in - Antonio big strong lad, Soucek & Rice two quick agile powerhouses in the centre of the park, pacey direct tricky players like Bowen & Behrama who can pass a ball. Big athletic CB's like Zouma & Ogbonna.
Even that young RB Johnson looks a strong athlete compare him to Gordon getting knocked off the ball with ease.

If you cant get bullied or outworked or out ran on the pitch you're half way there to 3 points.

Can't keep blaming managers Brands has built a squad for a league like the Eredivsie not the English Premier League.
Was Gray a Benitez signing?

Neither Gray or Townsend fit the mould you are talking about anyway...

You only need to look at his transfer history, its proper scattergun stuff, players signed for decent money who then never played and were moved on. His successful signings were ones that we already quality players by and large.

200M is nothing these days, he would need well more than that and we don't have it anyway so it doesn't matter.

The facts (fachts?) are that we have nothing in place for him to thrive as a manager here. Absolutely nothing. He is woefully unsuitable for the position we are in. If we got him in when we got Koeman then yeah possibly it may have worked but he would still be facing people turning on him as soon as he we have a bad run.

Status
Not open for further replies.