2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If things are as chaotic as they seem behind the scenes at Everton I could see Bielsa walking out fairly quickly. Good coach for sure but volatile and I’m not sure he’d be all that keen to swap Leeds for us at the minute.
true.

but we're definitely a step up at least in terms of wages for players. He'd actually have some quality players for a change, like Mina, Doucoure, Richarlison, DCL. (still have to bin a lot of other ones).

No, I'm not suggesting it - Im stating it as a fact.

Do you think this squad is in any way fot for purpose for a top half of the table finish?

Then if you do you haven't been taking notice.

They are 'kin tripe.
If you don’t think that the players available yesterday should have been good enough to get a win, then, it’s you who has not been taking notice. Did you happen to notice just how bad Brentford were? Of course we all know this is just you being a contrarian, good old Dave, never let the evidence get in the way of your agenda.

As Shearer was saying on MOTD, the chances are being created the team is working for each other but the attackers aren't there to put the ball in.
Then why is the master tactician continuing to play Rondon and Iwobi? Perhaps if he wasn’t such a Jurassic coward he might have tried two from Tosun, Simms and Dobbin yesterday. If he is too cowardly to give them a start, he should have at least given them the last half hour once it became apparent that the fat mess Rondon could have played all night without scoring.

We are losing to Liverpool.

If we lose to Arsenal as well, that’s 1 point out of 27, not sacking him would be incredible.

Don’t recall you Benitez supporters all giving Koeman the benefit of doubt in his second season, that was after finishing 7th the previous season as well.
Koeman was the worst of the worst, sanctioning buying 7 number 10 players. Its odd bcs he was good at Saints but after that, including the stint as Dutch national coach, he showed he simply doesnt have what makes a top coach like Ancelotti and just gets appointed on his name as a player (he was top there).

I have a lot of love for Carlo. He changed siggyrdson into something effective, and even dragged Pickford out of letsputhoutofhismiserybehindtheshed into something that resembles a mediocre goalkeeper. Then he steadied our defence but made us sit deeper and deeper with no attacking plan but the odd counter. Usually that tactic went out the window bcs holgate or dome other idiot gave away a goal and then the opposition copied our tactic of just sitting deep and wait.

What i like about benitez is he is much more attacking, much more shots 2nd line wich produced some nice goals from doucoure for instance. Benitez also imprived our team in the 2nd half. Carlo never did that. But this guy is now leading La Liga. If Carlo had all that trouble getting us to play, now Benitez it just isnt a case of sacking him and get Potter. Nevermind the question he or any name coach would stick his neck into what turns out to be a coach chewing club with lower midtable squad aiming for top 6, even if he did he would get the same problems. Atm we have 15 points. Lfc and arseanal are write offs. Lets see how we do against straight competion when mina and dcl are back.

Last edited:
It should be sacked immediately - it’s a dinosaur manager who is now turning on the fans in an attempt to curry favour with the owner. It has failed and doesn’t even manage the team.

Unlike some nutcases here the board will not voluntarily oversee relegation without first having installed a new manager.

No ffp restrictions on managers - pay Ten Haag 12m a year and go for a long term project.

It should be sacked immediately - it’s a dinosaur manager who is now turning on the fans in an attempt to curry favour with the owner. It has failed and doesn’t even manage the team.

Unlike some nutcases here the board will not voluntarily oversee relegation without first having installed a new manager.

No ffp restrictions on managers - pay Ten Haag 12m a year and go for a long term project.

I'm afraid that's not true at all - anything we paid to bring in a new manager would count against us for FFP

I'm afraid that's not true at all - anything we paid to bring in a new manager would count against us for FFP
I’ve not heard that at all and without evidence to the contrary I’m sticking to that view. So far you’ve produced none, but carry on.

Even if it were true paying one single employee 4m more than the previous incumbent is unlikely to put us seriously in breach, you would think.

Remember preseason when the Club released 3 mins of us training and the half and half scarf wearers on here jizzed themselves as the players were running about a bit? Then Raffa, said he was going to work the squad harder, make them fitter and more competitive, then they all got injured because of it?

Then he blamed it all on the Physios and medical staff and fired them? And now it's our fault because the players are trying their best...

As Shearer was saying on MOTD, the chances are being created the team is working for each other but the attackers aren't there to put the ball in.

I think everyone knows that apart from Rafael. Complete ineptitude to not use his attacking subs regardless of experience. Put Doucoure further forward and have Delph sitting, take Iwobi off for Tosun/Simms/Dobbin to be in the box.

He had options for that game we dominated for 45mins. I can't get behind a manager who's that stubborn. We've been there before and it never works out.

I’ve not heard that at all and without evidence to the contrary I’m sticking to that view. So far you’ve produced none, but carry on.

Simply reading the rules would help your ignorance on this.

The profit and sustainability rules (the PL's version of FFP) are contained in Section E of the Premier League Handbook, rules E.45 to E.53.

Essentially they limit the permitted losses of a football club to £105 million over a three year period. This is not the aggregate of the net losses shown in the accounts. Several costs are permitted to be deducted from the statutory accounts (i.e. not counting towards the rolling £105m permitted loss figure), these being:

• Depreciation and/or impairment of tangible fixed assets & amortisation of goodwill (not players’ registrations)
  • Women’s football
  • Youth development
  • Community development
  • Covid costs for 2019/20 and 2020/21 – lost revenues and exceptional costs directly attributable to the pandemic

Don't take my word for it, read the rules from the PL handbook yourself, but please stop spouting utter nonsense

Then why is the master tactician continuing to play Rondon and Iwobi? Perhaps if he wasn’t such a Jurassic coward he might have tried two from Tosun, Simms and Dobbin yesterday. If he is too cowardly to give them a start, he should have at least given them the last half hour once it became apparent that the fat mess Rondon could have played all night without scoring.
Here we go again. The inknowbetterheshouldvplayedvandeerbeek argument.

I think iwobi is terrible and rondon a stone, but maybe they are chosen for tactical reasons. I could think rondon doesnt need all the extra tactical training. Or tosun and co looked [Poor language removed] in training. Whatever. I doubt they would be an improvement.

Ten haag plays champions league with a team a whole lot better than us sorry lot. Why the [Poor language removed] would he come to us? To get sacked after 6 games not winning?

Koeman was the worst of the worst, sanctioning buying 7 number 10 players. Its odd bcs he was good at Saints but after that, including the stint as Dutch national coach, he showed he simply doesnt have what makes a top coach like Ancelotti and just gets appointed on his name as a player (he was top there).

I have a lot of love for Carlo. He changed siggyrdson into something effective, and even dragged Pickford out of letsputhoutofhismiserybehindtheshed into something that resembles a mediocre goalkeeper. Then he steadied our defence but made us sit deeper and deeper with no attacking plan but the odd counter. Usually that tactic went out the window bcs holgate or dome other idiot gave away a goal and then the opposition copied our tactic of just sitting deep and wait.

What i like about benitez is he is much more attacking, much more shots 2nd line wich produced some nice goals from doucoure for instance. Benitez also imprived our team in the 2nd half. Carlo never did that. But this guy is now leading La Liga. If Carlo had all that trouble getting us to play, now Benitez it just isnt a case of sacking him and get Potter. Nevermind the question he or any name coach would stick his neck into what turns out to be a coach chewing club with lower midtable squad aiming for top 6, even if he did he would get the same problems. Atm we have 15 points. Lfc and arseanal are write offs. Lets see how we do against straight competion when mina and dcl are back.
Straight competition? Newcastle? As that's where this manager is taking us when this same squad was 10th and got us 59 points last season. 59 points which would have had top 8, and sometimes 4th in all but 1 of the last 20 seasons.

The bit in bold was because he had no full backs and an injury crisis. (Often with Mina out). He didn't have 1 cb injury and call it a crisis.

Last edited:
Here we go again. The inknowbetterheshouldvplayedvandeerbeek argument.

I think iwobi is terrible and rondon a stone, but maybe they are chosen for tactical reasons. I could think rondon doesnt need all the extra tactical training. Or tosun and co looked [Poor language removed] in training. Whatever. I doubt they would be an improvement.
How do you know? Our master tactician hasn’t given them a chance. You know it is the first sign of madness to keep on doing what hasn’t worked and expect it to work. Rondon is just one more example of our dear leader’s inability to admit he has made a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.