2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlo, Rafael have been found out and they keep sticking to their guns, which is the worst thing you can do.

The Brentford game is a clear example of this. Brentford didn't do ANYTHING after scoring their goal, but they made sure Iwobi/Townsend and Gray had no way around their defence. They parked the bus. I didn't even see any Everton chances created. Rafael got rid of the player (James) that could have offered a bit of creativity. Secondly if you can't create, you have to win more corners and score from set pieces, hardly saw any yesterday. The problem with in game management yesterday was that Rafael didn't even try anything different 1-0. I understand that he doesn't think the kids on the bench are up to it, but he still needs to do something against teams that park the bus. What about putting Doucoure in the 10 spot, and taking either Iwobi/Rondon off for Gbamin or another midfielder (if Delph was injured). Where the heck is Davies and Gomes?

Makes zero sense considering they've allowed him to do a full review on the backroom staff and have this week told the u23s and u18s to start playing Rafas system.

Doesn't sound like a board which is about to sack someone. Sounds like a board who are behind a long term project.
As if this manager plays with any sort of system ??‍♂️

Makes zero sense considering they've allowed him to do a full review on the backroom staff and have this week told the u23s and u18s to start playing Rafas system.

Doesn't sound like a board which is about to sack someone. Sounds like a board who are behind a long term project.
Whose told you they have done that?

Also, what system is that? We look a shambles.

We are losing to Liverpool.

If we lose to Arsenal as well, that’s 1 point out of 27, not sacking him would be incredible.

Don’t recall you Benitez supporters all giving Koeman the benefit of doubt in his second season, that was after finishing 7th the previous season as well.
Iv supported Benitez but that is a sackable return. If we lose the next 2 games which look likely then he should go. I’m bored of the manager merry go round now

The difference with Koeman is he made his own mess and we are still paying for most of it with his signings. He also had Lukaku for a spell.

We are losing to Liverpool.

If we lose to Arsenal as well, that’s 1 point out of 27, not sacking him would be incredible.

Don’t recall you Benitez supporters all giving Koeman the benefit of doubt in his second season, that was after finishing 7th the previous season as well.
Wasn't a lover of koeman if I remember we had a horrific run of fixtures early season as well

Even if he rolls the dice on Wednesday, lobs Simms and Dobbin as an example and we get battered and he says "thats why I haven't used them".....he would have had a better chance of taking that risk today and the majority of fans would have said fair play, he's changed the system and players.

He's put himself under massive pressure now for Wednesday, make no mistake any kind of defeat and the anger will carry over to Arsenal at home.

Today was the day to try something a little different, give someone else a few minutes.

I can cope with getting beat with inexperienced players who may/may not be good enough

I can't stand getting beat with absolute bottlers who are picking up a fortune week in week out.
I think the anger will be seen sooner than Monday depending on the first half. If they go in a few up and we look the same as we have then the second half could be toxic or a walk out which would speak volumes.

If Rafael goes, what about bielsa? Leeds aren’t doing that great, they might be willing to let him go. We need an identity coach, and bielsa is a good one.

Please not Nuno.
If things are as chaotic as they seem behind the scenes at Everton I could see Bielsa walking out fairly quickly. Good coach for sure but volatile and I’m not sure he’d be all that keen to swap Leeds for us at the minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.