2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't stand it when posters call out other posters by trying to get them to gamble. And acting as if £1000 is a relatively small amount.

You realise that a third of Brits have less that £600 in savings right? And 41% of Brits don't have enough savings to live for a month without income.

You have made some massive assumptions because of a misguided view that he doesn't have conviction behind what he says. Why should anyway have to put their money behind what they say on a forum to have conviction?

If you are so certain about what you think will happen, why don't you go to a betting company and put your £1000 on with them?
I'd take anything coming out of that account with a pinch of salt. He could type £10 or £10,000,000, means nothing when its coming from there.

Imagine thinking a result on Wednesday should have an impact on whether he stays or goes. The top three teams are in the top 5-7 in the world, miles ahead of everyone in this league, and we're nowhere near them at this point in time. As others have said, the games that matter are Brentford and Arsenal. If we get any points from Liverpool, City or Chelsea this year than that is a bonus. That said, if we consistently see poor results against the REST of the league then this discussion starts to have merit. To think one game against Liverpool would be the back breaker, given both teams current respective standings, is comical.

The Derby was what sunk Silva, despite some previous matches being worse

Imagine thinking a result on Wednesday should have an impact on whether he stays or goes. The top three teams are in the top 5-7 in the world, miles ahead of everyone in this league, and we're nowhere near them at this point in time. As others have said, the games that matter are Brentford and Arsenal. If we get any points from Liverpool, City or Chelsea this year than that is a bonus. That said, if we consistently see poor results against the REST of the league then this discussion starts to have merit. To think one game against Liverpool would be the back breaker, given both teams current respective standings, is comical.

….the manner of defeats matter, even against the top sides you highlight. There is no excuse not be be organised and there is no excuse for lack of application.

The crowd will make their feelings known if these games are a walkover.

I'm sure he has fiat money to live by. Unless he's below 18 then I apologize. Children shouldn't be involved in betting.

I find that people are usually more honest with their feelings when potential lost of money is involved. I'll open this to anyone above 18 since Kev is just a child. If you truly think Benitez is dog poo, either he's sacked or he relegate Everton. Easy money.
I find your post a bit distasteful on a few counts.

First, promoting betting as a way to validate people's strength of feelings. There's a stack of people out there with gambling issues. I don't think this is a helpful message.

Second, it's a footie forum. Placing bets to validate, ultimately, an inconsequential opinion is silly. There's so much poop posted about Benitez it all blurs into one ultimately

Third, calling folk a child. It's insulting. To the poster and children, who often do form very good views and hold better thought out opinions than adults.

Poor form mate, poor form. Would you say this to Paul Merson?

Of course it's the back breaker. A derby defeat with that man as manager, and the rs fans cheering him, and him waving at them. It would be the ultimate insult and desecration of this club. If you were an actual Blue, then you'd understand that, and not need to have this explained to you. If he wins the derby, then it would help win people like me over. If it's a draw, then it's as you were. But defeat is not an option. DEFEAT IS NOT AN OPTION!

Last edited:
Rafael Benítez guide to having fans accept bad results

Get rid of the talented skilled guy. check

Make a couple of cheap signings to make it look like you are a victim of low funds even though you are bringing back the same squad from last year (DCL, Richy, Allan, Doucs, Etc). Check

Sign Rondon. Check

Now when you lose, you are the victim and the perpetrator

I see you Rafita. I see you

Make a couple of cheap signings to make it look like you are a victim of low funds even though you are bringing back the same squad from last year (DCL, Richy, Allan, Doucs, Etc). Check

Sign Rondon. Check

Well said, exactly this.

My apprehensions about his appointment are unfortunately looking all too accurate. His modus operandi following any string of bad results is to blame anything and everything but himself.

At Newcastle it was Ashley's fault all the time never Rafás! Benitez got a free ride blaming lack of investment, injuries and the owner, in other words, all his usual excuses and reasons were called upon yet again. Poor Steve Bruce despite doing far better than Benitez (in finishing eleventh and twelfth) wasn't so lucky, he took the blame and got the sack. At Liverpool, it was Hicks and Gillett's fault, At Newcastle, Ashley and injuries and now here at Everton - just rinse and repeat....it's predictably happening all over again.

So presumably time for another Rafá rant next? The only FACT he left out last time in his infamous public meltdown was that Manchester United walked the league, and Sir Alex had nothing at all to fear while the fat Spanish waiter was in charge at Anfield.

Last edited:

How much are we talking about? I can go up to 1000 pounds as a friendly wager with rules as below:

End of season, he's still the manager of Everton and we get relegated, you win.

End of season, he's still manager of Everton and Everton is not relegated, I win.

If he is sacked before the end of season, regardless of relegation outcome we draw.

I believe this is fair. Deal?
You utter blurt

Sign Rondon. Check

True apart from dcl richy snd doucs as you put it have missed huge parts of the season

Along with mina

Certainly acts like one. Interesting how nobody who says Benitez is a terrible manager, should get sacked, will relegate Everton, has the conviction to back what they are saying. Talk is cheap.

I respect everyone's right to dislike him for his past association. You want him out at all cost, even to the disadvantage of the club, totally understandable. I think he's a good manager and needs time. We agree to disagree like proper well brought up adults. But talking wham all the time trying to justify your hatred by inventing all sorts of "reasons" in order to appear unbiased, smart or logical is boring.
Just for clarity, I was only making the point that I thought Kev physically wasn't a child (under 18), as your post indicated. You seem to think that my views are aligned with his - they are not. I cannot recall ever agreeing with any comment that he has made. I would prefer that you check your facts before making comments directed at me such as "You want him out at all cost" and "trying to justify your hatred".

Just for clarity, I was only making the point that I thought Kev physically wasn't a child (under 18), as your post indicated. You seem to think that my views are aligned with his - they are not. I cannot recall ever agreeing with any comment that he has made. I would prefer that you check your facts before making comments directed at me such as "You want him out at all cost" and "trying to justify your hatred".
Apologies if you thought it was for you. I meant him.

Status
Not open for further replies.