Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
When are we going to do prudent spending? If we where relegated this season there would be no BMD. The club will have no money to spend, will have to sell Pickford, Rich and DCL just to try and break anywhere close to even. Be stuck with the same players on stupid contracts earning less then half we get now

Well im pretty sure we spent £1.7 million in the summer and I doubt we'll spend much over the next 1-2 summers minus a Richarlison sale to balance the books.

You do realise you get Parachute money for going down? Its not like you go from 100 - 0 anymore.

…amazing but not surprising given your adoration of Benitez.

I was sick to the stomach when we went close to going down, I remember Brian Labone walking on his own along Goodison Rd before the final whistle against Coventry because the thought of being relegated was too much for him. I’m on record as saying I wouldn’t wish it upon any club except one.

i doubt many Evertonians are as blasé about going down as you.

Thats because you're of the generation where Everton were up there with Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal.

Im of the generation where we are little better than a Crystal Palace or Southampton.

Thats because you're of the generation where Everton were up there with Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal.

Im of the generation where we are little better than a Crystal Palace or Southampton.

….no, it’s because I love my club and want them in the top flight. My kids are not my generation but would be devastated. I find it a bit sad that any true fan is so ambivalent to it, but I’m not so surprised in this instance to be perfectly honest.

….no, it’s because I love my club and want them in the top flight. My kids are not my generation but would be devastated. I find it a bit sad that any true fan is so ambivalent to it, but I’m not so surprised in this instance to be perfectly honest.

Do you get a badge for being in the top flight? Unless you're competing for the title and trophies you're celebrating making up the numbers in a league set up for 4-6 clubs to succeed and we aint one of em.

Why I honestly care little anymore I wont ever see us win the league.

Or even better, sell to someone with as much money as him who has a clue how a football club should be run.
Easier said than done. Don't all billionaire businessmen think they can walk into any industry and be successful?! I imagine it'd be hard to be a billionaire businessman in the first place without that kind of mindset and self-assuredness.

Easier said than done. Don't all billionaire businessmen think they can walk into any industry and be successful?! I imagine it'd be hard to be a billionaire businessman in the first place without that kind of mindset and self-assuredness.

Sort of like Michael Jordan and minor league baseball, now that I think about it. Get that much positive feedback from your main walk in life, which demands that kind of confidence in order to be that successful, and it's easy to be deluded into thinking that confidence will permit doing anything well.

Do you get a badge for being in the top flight? Unless you're competing for the title and trophies you're celebrating making up the numbers in a league set up for 4-6 clubs to succeed and we aint one of em.

…this explains a lot but sadly doesn’t surprise me.

Like I said mate my life wouldn't change whatever league Everton were playing in
I think that we can all agree that this is one statement that you are being honest about. ?
FB92 kind of has a point though, doesn't he?! - Don't get me wrong, never in a million years do I want to see this club relegated, certainly not under any/present circumstances when it would lead to absolute armageddon, and as one of the most successful clubs in the country we "should be" in the top tier aiming for the top table, not enjoying a trip to Scunthorpe in the Papa Johns John Paint Cup Shield thingee - that would be soul destorying. But by the same token, we're really just watching one cluster of assembled multi-millionaires kick a ball against another cluster of multi-millionaires, none of who really give two fuchs about me or you or the club. Richy can pat the badge every game and DCL can say all the right things on Sky, but if PSG and City come in for them with double-ya-money offers this summer, they're off because EFC's success is not remotely important to them beyond their own career aspirations. I'm delighted if we win and gutted if we lose, but bar a few hours after the match either way, I can't say I allow a bunch of ball-kicking millionaires to dictate my week when half of them couldn't care less who it is they happen to be contracted to.

For a fella who cares very little and is blasé about us to the point of inviting relegation you don't half post a lot and endlessly argue the toss with folk.

You're a strange one Mr FB92.

FB92 kind of has a point though, doesn't he?! - Don't get me wrong, never in a million years do I want to see this club relegated, certainly not under any/present circumstances when it would lead to absolute armageddon, and as one of the most successful clubs in the country we "should be" in the top tier aiming for the top table, not enjoying a trip to Scunthorpe in the Papa Johns John Paint Cup Shield thingee - that would be soul destorying. But by the same token, we're really just watching one cluster of assembled multi-millionaires kick a ball against another cluster of multi-millionaires, none of who really give two fuchs about me or you or the club. Richy can pat the badge every game and DCL can say all the right things on Sky, but if PSG and City come in for them with double-ya-money offers this summer, they're off because EFC's success is not remotely important to them beyond their own career aspirations. I'm delighted if we win and gutted if we lose, but bar a few hours after the match either way, I can't say I allow a bunch of ball-kicking millionaires to dictate my week when half of them couldn't care less who it is they happen to be contracted to.

….sounds like footy isn’t for you then, Matey, which is fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.