Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
35 points will probably be enough to stay up, cant see us falling below 35 points even with injuries , if he gets our lowest points then even his biggest fans will have a rethink.

Im a positive person thats why.

All the bedwetters would probably burn their season tickets and cry they aint supporting us anymore if we ever went down whereas I look at the positives of every situation:

Clearing the decks of crap
How does that work?
Our bravehearts will just run down their contracts.
Nobody will buy them or loan them.
A free transfer mid contract highly unlikely.
The wages would kill the club,then what ,administration points deducted?

How does that work?
Gotta hand it to brands the way he allows contracts to run out, nobody better at it in the business.

Im on about post stadium mate.

We only post losses because as a club we've been spending CL money to finish midtable for 5 years now. After 2-3 seasons of prudent spending, big earners from the Walsh and early Brands regimes off the books and the BMD revenue + naming rights deal from USM on it financially we'll be the strongest team outside of the big 6 unless the Saudi's can get around the rules to put big money into Newcastle.

To say we would implode is nonsense.
When are we going to do prudent spending? If we where relegated this season there would be no BMD. The club will have no money to spend, will have to sell Pickford, Rich and DCL just to try and break anywhere close to even. Be stuck with the same players on stupid contracts earning less then half we get now

How does that work?
Then some other concern comes and buys the club. Everton as a club would not be allowed to wither and die, of that I am certain.

This would prove a decent weekend for us wouldnt it?

1638015585027.png

What would we be missing out on? Finishing 8th-12th every season, derby humiliations and bent decisions favouring the ESL clubs?

Like I said mate my life wouldn't change whatever league Everton were playing in - would still support them, go the games etc im not a Sky/PL fanboy you follow your club through thick and thin, ups and downs what its all aboot!
One of our big claims to fame in that we have spent the most seasons in top flight football. It is a big part of the make up, we are the traditional club etc. Losing that would be huge.

Is for following a club through thick and thin, it's all relative isn't it? Following us the past couple of decades has been pretty tedious more than anything. Other clubs fans would laugh at our ups and down though. "You came between 7th and 13th for loads of seasons in the worlds biggest league? How awful for you!"

There are clear published rules we are massively in breach of. I don't know what people don't understand about that.

One of our big claims to fame in that we have spent the most seasons in top flight football. It is a big part of the make up, we are the traditional club etc. Losing that would be huge.

Is for following a club through thick and thin, it's all relative isn't it? Following us the past couple of decades has been pretty tedious more than anything. Other clubs fans would laugh at our ups and down though. "You came between 7th and 13th for loads of seasons in the worlds biggest league? How awful for you!"
That time we finished seventh. Thirteen points ahead of eighth. Something like ten points behind sixth place. All down to taking almost sweet fa of those six clubs and mullering the remainder. Definitely earned the title "Best of the Rest.

What would we be missing out on? Finishing 8th-12th every season, derby humiliations and bent decisions favouring the ESL clubs?

Like I said mate my life wouldn't change whatever league Everton were playing in - would still support them, go the games etc im not a Sky/PL fanboy you follow your club through thick and thin, ups and downs what its all aboot!

…amazing but not surprising given your adoration of Benitez.

I was sick to the stomach when we went close to going down, I remember Brian Labone walking on his own along Goodison Rd before the final whistle against Coventry because the thought of being relegated was too much for him. I’m on record as saying I wouldn’t wish it upon any club except one.

i doubt many Evertonians are as blasé about going down as you.

Status
Not open for further replies.