2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those words he spoke could have been spoken with much more accuracy by Benitez:

"I am happy to stay here but at the same time I must be honest and tell you we need to work a lot to improve the quality of the [current] squad. We are Tottenham and Tottenham in this moment, there is an important gap.

If someone thinks that a new coach arrives and Conte won in the past and then I am a magician ... but the only magic I can do is to work. To bring work and work to improve, to bring my methods, my ideas of football. But we have to understand that we need time.

I want to be honest that we need to work a lot to improve the situation. We need time and patience. I don’t know what happens in the future but I am here because I am happy to stay here, to work for Tottenham.”
Can you clarify whether this is a direct quote, you trying to show irony or you disagreeing with the premise?

"I am happy to stay here but at the same time I must be honest and tell you we need to work a lot to improve the quality of the [current] squad. We are Tottenham and Tottenham in this moment, there is an important gap.

If someone thinks that a new coach arrives and Conte won in the past and then I am a magician ... but the only magic I can do is to work. To bring work and work to improve, to bring my methods, my ideas of football. But we have to understand that we need time.

I want to be honest that we need to work a lot to improve the situation. We need time and patience. I don’t know what happens in the future but I am here because I am happy to stay here, to work for Tottenham.”
Equally FSW is not a magician. He has been dealt a bad hand with a heavy injury list compounded by a difficult period of fixtures. However, from day one, a lot of us said that appointing him as manager meant that when we hit a tough patch the patience from the fans would dissolve. And here we are. I personally do not like or rate the guy, sadly, but that's got zero impact on where we are now. If the board think he can keep us in the prem then he stays, if not, he goes. Not us, the Board...

Can you clarify whether this is a direct quote, you trying to show irony or you disagreeing with the premise?

I think he’s just talking to himself.

You know like Colonel Kurtz did, when he went full blown in Apocalypse Now.

@ForerverTedBundy92 is the Dennis Hopper photo journalist character, who worships him, through the medium of film.

Yeah, I thought that those words rang true about us as well and probably a few others, us more so as we seem to be stuck in some sort of no mans land of obscurity. We never go down and we never win anything, it has become very much a chore the Premier League.

What in the effing jeffing hell would be sensible about keeping a manager who accrues 15 points out of a possible 60?!

Who's that then?

If we play and lose the 20 games mentioned, we will be on 15 points and will have played 20 games. You get 3 points for a win. Do you want a calculator?

loel.gif

You can see what we're up against here. "He'll have to go...15 points out of a possible 60" ...when there's been 36 on offer so far.

It's hilarious, it really is.

Yeah, I thought that those words rang true about us as well and probably a few others, us more so as we seem to be stuck in some sort of no mans land of obscurity. We never go down and we never win anything, it has become very much a chore the Premier League.
It's a problem we cant solve by keeping on sacking managers. We have to stick with one and allow them the time to get on top of the situation. The injuries have meant that Benitez has barely had the opportunity to start the process.

It's a problem we cant solve by keeping on sacking managers. We have to stick with one and allow them the time to get on top of the situation. The injuries have meant that Benitez has barely had the opportunity to start the process.
I do agree Dave, if it were any other manager but he hasn't got that wiggle room, it is what it is, I don't like the situation and wish everyone could get behind him but the board and Benitez knew what they were taking on. I hope results pick up, that obviously helps.

Equally FSW is not a magician. He has been dealt a bad hand with a heavy injury list compounded by a difficult period of fixtures. However, from day one, a lot of us said that appointing him as manager meant that when we hit a tough patch the patience from the fans would dissolve. And here we are. I personally do not like or rate the guy, sadly, but that's got zero impact on where we are now. If the board think he can keep us in the prem then he stays, if not, he goes. Not us, the Board...
Then that says more about those fans that they'd go for him, and not deal with reality, when they surely know the squad is lacking in quality and that any manager needs time to get on top of this mess.

My question over the last 24 hours here has been: what makes some think they can just stamp their feet and demand that another manager they will tolerate must come in and take up the baton?

The massive ego of these people.

I do agree Dave, if it were any other manager but he hasn't got that wiggle room, it is what it is, I don't like the situation and wish everyone could get behind him but the board and Benitez knew what they were taking on. I hope results pick up, that obviously helps.
Results solve everything. The likelihood though is that thery wont come without the spine of that team back in place.

That's just the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.