2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you distinguish between the names 'Ancelotti' and 'Benitez' ?
Well. He has been replaced by Benitez so why are you posting about your choices to replace an ex-manager in a thread about the current manager who has replaced him? Are you saying they are still your choices to replace the current manager? I fail to see the relevancy of your post in this thread otherwise. Off topic.

I could be wrong but other than a catastrophic run that lands Everton in the bottom 3 for a lengthy amount of time I truly believe he is bullet proof for at least this season. Benitez has many faults like being arrogant and obstinate but the dude is pretty savvy and I dont believe he'd reject Newcastle's advances and accept a position where he was handed a paltry transfer funds unless he was assured protections over being sacked despite the recent results.

Well. He has been replaced by Benitez so why are you posting about your choices to replace an ex-manager in a thread about the current manager who has replaced him? Are you saying they are still your choices to replace the current manager? I fail to see the relevancy of your post in this thread otherwise. Off topic.

I don't have the time, nor the crayons to explain a perfectly constructed post to you.

Theres a certain 'type' of poster who supports Benitez...

Just to add, if you are saying
I don't have the time, nor the crayons to explain a perfectly constructed post to you.

Theres a certain 'type' of poster who supports Benitez...

Sure. In your 3rd paragraph you asked who else to replace Benitez with and yet you seem to be trying to deflect and say your perfectly constructed post cannot be explained.

It's simple really. Let me try my poor english to breakdown your post. You suggested your list of managers that you want to replace Ancelotti when he left and to replace Benitez by sacking him now, i point out that Potter is on a similar run with a squad he built, unlike our current manager, failing to beat the last placed and second last placed team in Newcastle and Norwich during said run. You proceed to insinuate that my language skills is somehow relevant to my post (some call that casual racism). You constantly argue your points everywhere but refuse to argue this post.

Stick to FM where you can sell useless players in your club for whatever fee you want by transfer listing them and magically some clubs offer to buy them and the players are more than happy to take a paycut and leave, then buy all the wonderkids in the world for cheap because their clubs and players are more than happy to take deals to their disadvantage. You proceed to build a world class squad in under a season and sweep every trophy. So easy right?

Also, I'm in favour of supporting Benitez now because I believe the club needs stability and I believe it is to the benefit of the club to allow him time to make uncomfortable changes in the way it is being run. In the grand scheme of things, he's the least of Everton's problems. There is also the question of which better manager is available and willing to sort this mess out. If you offer me Guardiola or Simone who are willing to come I'll join the calls to sack in a heartbeat. Or when I believe keeping him does more harm than good, i'll too join the call to sack. I hope my English is good enough for you.

Also, I'm in favour of supporting Benitez now because I believe the club needs stability and I believe it is to the benefit of the club to allow him time to make uncomfortable changes in the way it is being run. In the grand scheme of things, he's the least of Everton's problems. There is also the question of which better manager is available and willing to sort this mess out. If you offer me Guardiola or Simone who are willing to come I'll join the calls to sack in a heartbeat. Or when I believe keeping him does more harm than good, i'll too join the call to sack. I hope my English is good enough for you.
Would just ignore him. He's deflecting from your point as he has no answer while doing a good job of showing himself up.

I agree the club does need stability and in the great scheme of things the problems are more than just Benitez.
This doesn’t eradicate the fact though that he thinks Rondon is good enough for the EPL and also that he is not getting the best out of what is available to him.

He was and remains a terrible appointment, we never needed to be in this position.

He completely polarises the fan base and is very dull and uninspiring.

I appreciate he has inherited a collective of complete cowards though and his hands are also tied and hamstrung by injuries.

If Doucoure and Allan aren't fit - which I agree is a possibility - you ultimately still have a week to prepare. If that means a week of drilling Gbamin and Onyango then so be it mate. Yes the confidence wouldn't be as much but you're still going with that system, that plan of attack so to speak, but with poorer players, granted. It's about numerical superiority first and foremost. Get a platform, build from there. 100%

You are also right about being defensive. Now it's why I'd play an unknown quantity up top. If that's Simms, so be it, give Brentford something to worry about because we've seen Rondon can't do it. However, if it has to be Rondon, have the plan that he either comes off or is helped out by bringing Simms on on the hour.

100%.

And I'm pretty sure it's what we'll do as a whole for the game. He's not Marco Silva or Martinez where regardless of personnel they'll play the same way.

The point really is that some will find that unacceptable.

I agree the club does need stability and in the great scheme of things the problems are more than just Benitez.
This doesn’t eradicate the fact though that he thinks Rondon is good enough for the EPL and also that he is not getting the best out of what is available to him.

He was and remains a terrible appointment, we never needed to be in this position.

He completely polarises the fan base and is very dull and uninspiring.

I appreciate he has inherited a collective of complete cowards though and his hands are also tied and hamstrung by injuries.
I get Rondon isn't good enough and maybe Benitez does as well but he was brought in for free as 3rd/4th choice striker who may be handy in the last 10 minutes when looking for a goal.
There was no way he knew that a simple thigh strain would turn into something more serious and Richarlison would beat his bookings for the whole of last season in just 8 games.
Injuries are hurting us but not as bad as the recruitment shambles over the last 5 years. Add that to the shortage of youngsters coming through we can see the issue runs much deeper than just the manager.

Interesting to hear Conte say the level at Tottenham wasn't great and they're supposed to be one of the bigger better clubs in the league. Why has the standard of footballers diminished so much? As they've become more and more athletic and playing to tactics the actual standard of the actual footballing talent has just gone down.

Or has the fact a lot of the better players are happy bench warming for the odd few minutes in the Champions league. This game as a spectacle, outside of a few clubs, is on its arse it really is. I never before since these last few years seen so many abject performances and ones that just look like the players don't give a crap.

It looks like it isn't only us. What has happened to these players who get paid a kings ransom every week that is way beyond their ability.

It is managers who take the blame but by heck I am sick to the back teeth of modern day pros taking liberties with our support, knowing grounds will always be full in the Premier league, in the past people would have voted with their feet to let them know it wasn't good enough.

How do we fix it?

It’s ok lads we’ll replace Benitez and this lot will become world beaters. It’s gonna be OK. ?

Lets say we finish 6th-7th and qualify for Europe this season and/or win the FA cup Who takes the credit for this?
Lets say were in a relegation fight or even get relegated. Who's takes the blame for this?

@davek
@ForeverBlue92
@kenada_blue
@4737carlin

*Logs in, sees that these cowards, absolute charlatans and crooks masquerading as professional football players are still enjoying their free ride at the expense of yet another manager. Promptly leaves*
Couldn't have put it better myself. The players need a kick up the arse, not good enough. If you aren't the best at least friggin try and put some effort into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.