2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The form table is obviously a concern, what really did us was the Watford game, had we not had the collective brain fart we would be 3 points better off and we wouldn't be saying we haven't won in x games. Had we had those players available we wouldn't have lost that game.

It is, but one manager had 6/7/8 and more years to correct that attitude by building a team that could compete. We are starting from near rock bottom if you don't even get a baseline to start building we will constantly be in this mess.
Yes but we did have the collective brain fart. We were crap against Watford and you’re making my point. They’d just been tonked 5-0 by the [Poor language removed] at home and then they play us away and folk are happy to just write off a game like that because we have injuries. The from table is a concern, you’re right.

I know but something has to change we can't put all our eggs in the "returning players " basket because if we don't start picking up points we will be in a relegation scrap.

The only way things will change is by sticking with a manager and letting them bring in their own players.

Benitez has just 2 of his own players in the starting 11 when everyone is fit - you cant expect him to stamp a style on the players when most of them were signed for a mish mash of different managers/styles.

The problem is our fans are like a shark after a whiff of blood - they cant give a manager time anymore and want their head as soon as we hit a rocky patch even if there are valid reasons for said slump i.e. loads of injuries. We've turned feral since the Moshiri regime and want instant success, want "hollywood".

If Simeone or Poch were available and wanting the job then sound get rid but they aint and there is no one better out there that wants the job who we would go for.

People need to have patience.

The only way things will change is by sticking with a manager and letting them bring in their own players.

Benitez has largely had just 2 of his own starting 11 players when everyone is fit - you cant expect him to stamp a style on the players when most of them were signed for a mish mash of different managers/styles.

The problem is our fans are like a shark after a whiff of blood - they cant give a manager time anymore and want their head as soon as we hit a rocky patch even if there are valid reasons for said slump i.e. loads of injuries. We've turned feral since the Moshiri regime and want instant success, want "hollywood".

If Simeone or Poch were available and wanting the job then sound get rid but they aint and there is no one better out there that wants the job who we would go for.

1 win in 9 and even that was against Norwich who were stone dead on the bottom of the league.

2 points out of the last 18 availible

You might be happy watching this useless Kopite laugh while ripping the heart of out the Club, but I'm sure as hell not.

You can stick your Red Rafael up your arse.

Limited options to him. But.
Rondon hasnt done him any favours. That was 100% him. He has to claim that one.
And we're morphing into newcastle united. Despite the options you can feel the negative approach to games oozing out now.
Hello we're Everton. Here for the draw.

Benitez has just 2 of his own players in the starting 11 when everyone is fit - you cant expect him to stamp a style on the players when most of them were signed for a mish mash of different managers/styles.

I agree in principle we do need a coach to have some time but he also needs to show more with the players available. It's ok blaming entirely the set of players but you can implement a system even without some of your best players.

I've been proven right so far as was @Saint Domingo when he said an injury to Doucoure will finish our season.

And im right in saying that come the end of the season Rafael Benitez will still be EFC manager.

That isn't a prediction - it's a spoiler.

It wasn’t even an outrageous prediction. It was common sense. Remove the one midfielder we have with the legs to get around the pitch and replace him with players who can’t stay fit or can’t run. Immediately we lost any ability we had to play effectively on the counter which is our only viable route to attack with the players in the squad. Benitez knows it, opposition managers know it, every manager who has managed us previously knew it, anyone with a brain can see it.

I agree in principle we do need a coach to have some time but he also needs to show more with the players available. It's ok blaming entirely the set of players but you can implement a system even without some of your best players.
What system would you play?

No central midfield, no CF and missing our best CB. What system???

Status
Not open for further replies.