2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is unpredcedneted in terms of length of absences.

You cant be serioulsy suggesting this manager be judged with these many long term absences?

I don’t think he’s been amazing from a purely tactical perspective, but ANY manager would struggle with all these injuries

We have zero depth

I do think results will improve once we have a full starting 11 out there

“Improve” to finish 12-8 like, but that’s about as good as we are and will continue to be until we’re allowed to actually spend money again

This is unpredcedneted in terms of length of absences.

You cant be serioulsy suggesting this manager be judged with these many long term absences?
But you can . How many times have we seen some truly dreadful teams go above and beyond their capabilities by just applying a bit of fight ?
Look at Derby . Woeful team who beat the top side by grafting and fighting . They went for every lose ball with teeth clenched .
Today was a loss we all knew was coming but watching Allan and Iwobi just prancing about shrugging their shoulders doesn't indicate that they have been suitably " man managed " .
The pressing was laughable .

Long term? Doucoure has missed a few games but should be back next week, hopefully Mina too. DCL is the only long term absence.
Long term in a 4 month period = a month or so's worth of games. DCL alone has been a colossal absence.

Richarlison
DCL
Doucoure
Digne
Coleman
Davies
Gomes
Pickford
Mina

...all injured this season...in 4 months!!!

...and Godfrey with long Covid and now Gray out injured...

...you are defo taking the piss if you cant see a calamitous season of injuries there.

When the fat beaut gets sacked I am going to terror you with the vaults.

I'll be waiting a while for that mate as the club aint in any position to sack him 11th in the table with 3 of our best players shortly due back from injury.

I said at the start of the season with Windymiller as my witness - we'll finish anywhere from 8th-12th and thats where we'll be come fixture no 38.

We're an upper midtable club that goes through good and bad periods of form often coinciding with whoever we have available for selection.

We should be far better than we are given the resources that were available.

Its totally right the club are held to account. There should be desperation to improve, not just acceptance we are crap
We agree to an extent then.

The club should absolutely be held to account because they are responsible for this situation. What I’m saying is changing the manager is not going to change the route cause and will likely just kick the can down the road. Every time we change manager it takes the pressure off Brands and everyone above him for a while. Every manager we’ve had since Moyes (and a few prior) has failed.

I'll be waiting a while for that mate as the club aint in any position to sack him 11th in the table with 3 of our best players shortly due back from injury.

I said at the start of the season with Windymiller as my witness - we'll finish anywhere from 8th-12th and thats where we'll be come fixture no 38.

We're an upper midtable club that goes through good and bad periods of form often coinciding with whoever we have available for selection.
What about when we are 15th staring down the barrel of a derby hammering in 7 days time?

Status
Not open for further replies.