Time for change

Sack sack sack??

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in a spiral, the majority of Evertonians knew this was an awful appointment and he is banged up, finished dosser.

Should this utter mess be canned and we can put this nightmare behind us
Proper turned into geordies out fanbase

h’away the lads ( or something)

Boys club.

Same reasons when we went for a CEO, we looked straight at EiTC, when we should have been looking at what City, Liverpool and Chelsea do, and hiring the best for the role.
What other club in the league has 25 year olds in the reserves? Has an U23 squad who play different tactics to the main squad?
What other club gets sold, and keeps the owner in post? Keeps ex players with no coaching calibre to coach?

Everton. We’re a joke.
Exactly.

It feels like moshiri wants to turn this club into a top team and kenwright has kept us being the Everton that won nothing under him by using sentiment as a way to keep the club itself during that time.

Entire club needs gutting , top to bottom. As much as I want Everton to be Everton , to be my Everton, the Everton that is mine also oversaw 26 years and counting of not winning anything. Nothing will change when we literally won nothing with these players but have them coaching the current players. Still ran to some extent by a man who gave a manager no money for 2 years and sold the club's image rights basically to kitbag to pay the bills.

Far more needs to change than the players on the pitch but it all follows like a domino chain. Change the coaches, change the attitude at the club , change the way the club runs , the end result is a squad of players we can have pride in again

Exactly.

It feels like moshiri wants to turn this club into a top team and kenwright has kept us being the Everton that won nothing under him by using sentiment as a way to keep the club itself during that time.

Entire club needs gutting , top to bottom. As much as I want Everton to be Everton , to be my Everton, the Everton that is mine also oversaw 26 years and counting of not winning anything. Nothing will change when we literally won nothing with these players but have them coaching the current players. Still ran to some extent by a man who gave a manager no money for 2 years and sold the club's image rights basically to kitbag to pay the bills.

Far more needs to change than the players on the pitch but it all follows like a domino chain. Change the coaches, change the attitude at the club , change the way the club runs , the end result is a squad of players we can have pride in again

I mean, aside from a few opening statements and of course, building a stadium.

What does Moshiri want from Everton? He’s been present at the games, he’s seen the players aren’t up to scratch.

Does he want to compete? Does he want trophies? For me, he’s probably been a hindrance that makes me question, how he actually became a Billionaire to begin with? It’s a mess!

See theres another problem, we need a new DOF too, and first

…but we know the DoF at Everton is not responsible for transfers & by all reports Brands was against the Benitez appointment. The problem at Everton might not be the DoF, it’s more to do with the role of the DoF.

Benitez was a sour appointment, the situation made worst after a good start by a few Evertonians putting him on a bigger pedestal than the club.

As much as I loath him being manager of our club I will surprise a few when I say we should stick with him and see where we are after Christmas.

If he is the super coach his adorers claim, he should overcome injury and attitude issues.

…but we know the DoF at Everton is not responsible for transfers & by all reports Brands was against the Benitez appointment. The problem at Everton might not be the DoF, it’s more to do with the role of the DoF.

Benitez was a sour appointment, the situation made worst by a few Evertonians putting him on a bigger pedestal than the club.

As much as I loath him being manager of our club I will surprise a few when I say we should stick with him and see where we are after Christmas.

If he is the super coach his adorers claim, he should overcome injury and attitude issues.

What is the point of Brands, if he doesn’t get a say on who is going to be manager?

Like, why even have a DOF, if Usmanov and Moshiri are just going to overrule where possible?

What is the point of Brands, if he doesn’t get a say on who is going to be manager?

Like, why even have a DOF, if Usmanov and Moshiri are just going to overrule where possible?

….exactly, I’d love to know what the scope of his job is. Managers and Moshiri have the call on transfers, Moshiri on Manager acquisitions. Doesn’t give Brands much authority.

The utter garbage in our team and we’re seeing threads like this.

The team has been constructed like a patchwork quilt over the last 4-5 years and we’re expecting some tactical genius to come in and start stringing together 10 on the bounce wins when we’ve got players starting who couldn’t even cut it in the Championship. It’s a business that needs consistency from a manager over a 3-4 season period to rebuild.

We can’t just keep getting rid of managers. It’s patience that’s needed this season.

I mean, aside from a few opening statements and of course, building a stadium.

What does Moshiri want from Everton? He’s been present at the games, he’s seen the players aren’t up to scratch.

Does he want to compete? Does he want trophies? For me, he’s probably been a hindrance that makes me question, how he actually became a Billionaire to begin with? It’s a mess!
Simply the wrong people for the job that clearly has been influenced by a certain person involved at his level.

I mean which 'owner' is more likelely to have Steve walsh, Sam allardyce and Sammy ratface at the club all at the same time?

Which owner hired multiple champions League winner Carlo ancelotti.

And the money was sadly available under the former.

While sacking Benitez may play well with a section of the support it will change nothing. We have two constants at Everton, the Board and Senior Management team have been consistently bad in their decision making and the squad have failed to produce for a variety of managers. I was against Benitez being given the Everton job, not because of his previous job but because he has been unsuccessful for a decade, however even at his league winning best he couldn’t get success out of our squad.
We can keep changing the manager and tinkering with the squad but we won’t be successful until there is a complete root and branch overhaul of every part of the organisation, everyone at the club should have their positions evaluated, if you are not making a serious contribution to providing success then you should be let go. Now is the time to do it, not in a few years time when we get relegated and then have no choice.
Time to put sentiment aside and start turn the ship around. It would be nice to be starting life in a new stadium with a new outlook.

The utter garbage in our team and we’re seeing threads like this.

The team has been constructed like a patchwork quilt over the last 4-5 years and we’re expecting some tactical genius to come in and start stringing together 10 on the bounce wins when we’ve got players starting who couldn’t even cut it in the Championship. It’s a business that needs consistency from a manager over a 3-4 season period to rebuild.

We can’t just keep getting rid of managers. It’s patience that’s needed this season.
Patience is for losers

No one should be patient right now. Its such a ridiculous argument and one that is part of the reasons we've gone 27 years without a trophy.

If something isn't working then change it. Patience is a laughable argument based on zero evidence.

Chelsea would definitely have won the CL last year if they had been "patient"....

Simply the wrong people for the job that clearly has been influenced by a certain person involved at his level.

I mean which 'owner' is more likelely to have Steve walsh, Sam allardyce and Sammy ratface at the club all at the same time?

Which owner hired multiple champions League winner Carlo ancelotti.

And the money was sadly available under the former.

The thing which got me, was when someone highlighted that we didn’t even bother with Tuchel and signed Allardyce.

Even a football fan with minimal knowledge, knows what is the best appointment is.

While sacking Benitez may play well with a section of the support it will change nothing. We have two constants at Everton, the Board and Senior Management team have been consistently bad in their decision making and the squad have failed to produce for a variety of managers. I was against Benitez being given the Everton job, not because of his previous job but because he has been unsuccessful for a decade, however even at his league winning best he couldn’t get success out of our squad.
We can keep changing the manager and tinkering with the squad but we won’t be successful until there is a complete root and branch overhaul of every part of the organisation, everyone at the club should have their positions evaluated, if you are not making a serious contribution to providing success then you should be let go. Now is the time to do it, not in a few years time when we get relegated and then have no choice.
Time to put sentiment aside and start turn the ship around. It would be nice to be starting life in a new stadium with a new outlook.
Bang on that mate

Status
Not open for further replies.