2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not necessarily advocating keeping him or defending him.

I’m saying people who expect things to drastically change with the appointment of just one man are a bit misguided. We’re a mid table team with the spending power of a Championship side. We’re miles off where the majority of our fans expect us to be.
We should be far better than we are given the resources that were available.

Its totally right the club are held to account. There should be desperation to improve, not just acceptance we are crap

Well, this is a load of nonsense.

Ancelotti was leagues above this clown.

Black and white in front of you.

And he’s still be here if he hadn’t have screwed us over at the first opportunity he got! People are acting like we fired Ancelotti for Benitez. We didn’t, he screwed us and left us up a creek with almost zero chance to put in place any kind of strategy for the summer.

Its the same suspects week in week out boring us with their mental gymnastics.

We get it you dont like the fat kopite and never did from the start when you were wetting the bed over a pre season defeat to Utd - but unless you can name a stand out candidate who would improve us like Utd fans could do with Conte then take a step back and think is the fume really worth it?
Improve us? Almost anyone at this point.

We get it you dont like the fat kopite and never did from the start when you were wetting the bed over a pre season defeat to Utd - but unless you can name a stand out candidate who would improve us like Utd fans could do with Conte then take a step back and think is the fume really worth it?
The sheer irony of this statement

The mental gymnastics are the excuses you lot keeping straining yourself to come up with each week our terrible form continues.

Every one of you backing him have been shown up by this fraud. Nobody is ever going to take any of you seriously again after this.

We average 39.83% Possession per game this season, only Burnley average less on 38.83%. Number of passes played in games at the Ethihad this season

Norwich 362 City 730
Arsenal 185 City 757
Southampton 319 City 555
Burnley 318 City 768
Palace 319 City 654
Everton 246 City 853

This has nothing to do with injuries and everything to do with how we set up and what our game plan is. That is 100% on the manager but once you keep inviting pressure onto you, you are bound to end up losing games, there will just be no other outcome. We average 337 passes per game, our opposition averages 542, so we play 200 less passes per game on average, that has nothing to do with injuries or squads or anything else and has everything to do with an outdated philosophy and an inability to adapt to the modern game.

Leeds have bamford out and play an academy player (gelhardt) up front. A player who is mobile and obviously has a bit about him. We Have Simms on the bench yet we bring on the tree. Difference between a progressive forward thinking coach where you can see a method and philosophy, and a cautious, frightened, conservative relic who relies on 'experience'. I know which philosophy I'd rather have in charge at everton.

Getting your excuses in early are we

No I’m not, I’m just not arrogant enough to think that because a side are newly promoted they’ll be an absolute walkover and it’s an ‘embarrassment’ if we don’t beat them. Especially as both Arsenal and Liverpool two sides miles better than us didn’t beat them.

I don’t know where people get this sort or arrogance from. They just expect a bottom half premier league team that has struggled for years, shorn of its best players via injury, to go to another premier league team and beat them on their own patch like it’s absolutely nothing. Of course I want us to, of course I expect us to put in a performance, but is it an utter embarrassment if we don’t win? No, it’s the reality of where this team and squad is at after 7 years of total mismanagement.

Mina isnt a guarenteed starter. Richarlison has been back a few weeks.
Gomes? Taking the p!ss aint you.
We miss calvert lewin and doucoure.
Calvert lewin more. He leads the line at this club. Nobody comes close to what he does.
Rondon was benitez choice for that. Absolute car crash he's been.
Mina "not a guaranteed starter"...since when???!!!

Name me a manager who does any better who we could attract on a £1.7m budget?

Funnily enough not one person has done so yet - Gilbert said Potter who wont come here and funnily enough has won just 1 in 7.

ToffeeTim said Thomas Frank who has won 1 in 8.

Neither side have the level of injuries we have.

It's old man shouting at the clouds syndrome.
How do we know who won't come here?

There are literally hundreds of managers we could approach, instead we ruminate over the same names, time and time again, it's like only those 5 or 6 exist!!

A good number of people in football would jump at the chance to manage Everton, because, in spite of some 'fans' acceptance of dire football, dire management, dire players, Everton generally are a well respected, long standing historic club with an enviable past and dare I say it, a positive future, so churning the same names over and over like they are the only choices is not productive.

And I'm not gonna bandy names about as that's our Directors and Owners job even though they are right royally ballsing it up this far.

Leeds have bamford out and play an academy player (gelhardt) up front. A player who is mobile and obviously has a bit about him. We Have Simms on the bench yet we bring on the tree. Difference between a progressive forward thinking coach where you can see a method and philosophy, and a cautious, frightened, conservative relic who relies on 'experience'. I know which philosophy I'd rather have in charge at everton.

Where are Leeds in the table?

I wouldn't say there is an expectation someone would come in and fix everything immediately but I think we have all seen it happen with some clubs before where the right manager comes in and everything does start to click.

What's clear right now is that Benitez is not that man for us.
I don’t necessarily disagree. And those managers are out there, but I’m not sure we are capable of attracting them at present.

I wanted Potter as his best years are in front of him. I had big doubts over Benitez and thought I’d got it wrong after the first spate of good results.

Just because a fan can't name a shortlist of managers doesn't make their point any less valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.