2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It had somehow escaped me that we are reportedly paying him £8m per year.

That's quite incredible. I honestly thought we'd be paying far less and part of the appeal would be relatively low costs. Maybe I'm being niaive. But that's a lot for a man with stock not particularly high. Sorry, might be detracting from reflecting on recent performances, but it just makes me wonder about the club.

He hasn't been a solution though has he?

I've seen nothing from him to justify keeping him and we never should have given him the job in the first place.
I’m not necessarily advocating keeping him or defending him.

I’m saying people who expect things to drastically change with the appointment of just one man are a bit misguided. We’re a mid table team with the spending power of a Championship side. We’re miles off where the majority of our fans expect us to be.

It’ll show he has a willingness to give the youth a chance and not rely on donkeys
Exactly , how many chances has Rondon been given . A lot more than one of this years top EPL scorers , some King bloke .
That's not RBs fault I know but not seeing what an absolute donkey Rondon is , is .
Simms for a start is someone a defender wouldn't like the look of . Just as Rondon did about 3 years ago .
Not even putting him on for 10 minutes is a wasted opportunity to look at him when under pressure .
I remember watch Danny Cadamateri before he got some first team games . He looked shaky and couldn't seem to find space in a penalty area but when made his first game , we all know what happened .
Barlow was the opposite . You just don't know .

Name me a manager who does any better who we could attract on a £1.7m budget?

Funnily enough not one person has done so yet - Gilbert said Potter who wont come here and funnily enough has won just 1 in 7.

ToffeeTim said Thomas Frank who has won 1 in 8.

Neither side have the level of injuries we have.

It's old man shouting at the clouds syndrome.
Why does it have to be managers in this league? There’s a whole football world out there full of managers who would give their nuts for a crack at managing in this league

1) Benitez has his favourite striker In the world playing for him. So surely he should be able to?
2) townsend, digne, one of the 11 players on the pitch. A playmaker would have been nice but we got rid of him as benitez doesn't like him.
3) we have two CBs who until this managers tactics, were good at clearing set pieces (one of which was being raved about and on fringes of England team at end of last summer, the other was our best defender less than a year ago according to you)
4) didn't you say doucoure should be back? We also have proven premier league players in allan and Delph to play cm.

We are playing brentford mate. Not real Madrid. Brentford.

This is the next stage of evolution for the weird Benitez love in camp. Meekly accepting defeats to Brentford. It’s weird but then they think we are weird for expecting a little more. Fractured fan base and broken club.

I’m not necessarily advocating keeping him or defending him.

I’m saying people who expect things to drastically change with the appointment of just one man are a bit misguided. We’re a mid table team with the spending power of a Championship side.
I wouldn't say there is an expectation someone would come in and fix everything immediately but I think we have all seen it happen with some clubs before where the right manager comes in and everything does start to click.

What's clear right now is that Benitez is not that man for us.

Shhh, bad runs of form don’t count if you’re a young hipster.

Its the same suspects week in week out boring us with their mental gymnastics.

We get it you dont like the fat kopite and never did from the start when you were wetting the bed over a pre season defeat to Utd - but unless you can name a stand out candidate who would improve us like Utd fans could do with Conte then take a step back and think is the fume really worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.