2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant take anyone seriously who supports this appointment. I'm embarrassed listening to these arguments
It's mad isn't it?

I kind of fall in the middle to be honest. He has been given an incredibly rubbish hand, poor squad, no money to spend, injuries to key players, all of that is harsh on him.

People can make perfectly valid excuses, can point to other managers failings, can point to the fact that we should ignore his past.

All of this is fair and reasonable.

But what those people do not seem to grasp is that none of that matters one jot.

In an ideal world fans would be reasonable and fair minded but we are not, it's a passionate, tribal game. We start to struggle for whatever reason and he transforms back into a dirty RS dinosaur. That is what we were always going to be dealing with. The people asking for fairness are missing the point as it will not happen.

Theres NO WAY you watched the game today.

NO WAY AT ALL

The games above at least ONE player tried.

Today???!!!??!!!???

Theyve downed tools.

They really never Zat they were beaten by a vastly better side.

No DCL - our only decent CF
No Doucoure - our only decent CM
No Mina - our only decent CB
No Gray - our only decent wide player if you class Richarlison as a 2nd striker.

Two snails in Allan and Delph in the midfield with no creativity.

Not the managers fault and the board will know that.

Buckle in as the fella is here for at least the next 18 months.

The crescendo of hysterical anti Rafael abuse is reaching new levels. Some can't wait until they can shout 1 in 10. We may not reach that stage as I believe we will need to rehearse that old battle tune which goes Duncan, Duncan Ferguson, Duncan, Duncan Ferguson in time for the Derby game.

Ferguson wouldnt do worse than this.

This is worse than Allardyce.

Mike Walker?

Posted him earlier but some of them still tried under him at the end.

You can all get in the bin with the injury crisis moaning.

Mina has been a crock here since day 1 and every Everton manager has had to deal with him being out for periods of time and still managed to win football games.

Doucoure only signed for us last year and I'm fairly sure we won games before he was here too.

Calvert Lewin has only been a top striker for the last 2 seasons, before that I've seen us win games with Kone up top ffs.

3 players being out doesn't justify 1 win in 9.

It's mad isn't it?

I kind of fall in the middle to be honest. He has been given an incredibly rubbish hand, poor squad, no money to spend, injuries to key players, all of that is harsh on him.

People can make perfectly valid excuses, can point to other managers failings, can point to the fact that we should ignore his past.

All of this is fair and reasonable.

But what those people do not seem to grasp is that none of that matters one jot.

In an ideal world fans would be reasonable and fair minded but we are not, it's a passionate, tribal game. We start to struggle for whatever reason and he transforms back into a dirty RS dinosaur. That is what we were always going to be dealing with. The people asking for fairness are missing the point as it will not happen.
Exactly

You need to stop with your nonsense, seriously lad.
You are backing a dud to the hilt, but also trying to be bombastic about it as well, which is making you look a bit stupid and one track minded.

No manager can do anything with this squad

I back the manager to rebuild said squad.

Soz if that makes me a bad fan.

Rather be bad than a clueless one expecting any better from the next fella who takes to our dugout.

They really never Zat they were beaten by a vastly better side.

No DCL - our only decent CF
No Doucoure - our only decent CM
No Mina - our only decent CB
No Gray - our only decent wide player if you class Richarlison as a 2nd striker.

Two snails in Allan and Delph in the midfield with no creativity.

Not the managers fault and the board will know that.

Buckle in as the fella is here for at least the next 18 months.

Explain the lack of effort ?

Explain the players standing 3+ yards off

Explain the lack of ANY tactics

Explain the (again) pre planned subs

You cant.

When Benitez was winning games early in the season, I was the lone voice on here - literally the only one - saying it's points towards safety and I just hope it's enough to stop us getting into a relegation battle. I was laughed at.

I said that not because Benitez is a bad manager, but because I know a pattern when I see one. I looked at the fixture list. I know these players. They are, in every sense of the word, cowards. I expected exactly what's happening; or rather, I actually expected much worse.

The club is ran by fools. Incompetent, inept fools. Benitez may be a bad appointment, but here's the thing - you could have put any manager in world football in place this summer, absolutely anyone, and he'd have done the exact same as Benitez has in terms of results, because the manager's job at Everton is simply there to polish a massive turd.

I'd just ask for a bit of objectivity. When you see a result like today, Benitez is so far down the list on the reasons for it that it's laughable that he's the focus of ire on here. Moshiri, Brands, the players, everyone at that club from the chairman to the bloody physios are more to blame for the current situation at this basket case of a club than him.

All blaming Benitez does is let the morons actually responsible for this off the hook.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. We keep going around in this cycle of:
"its the players' fault!" -> "its the manager's fault!" -> *repeat*

I've not once said Benitez is only to blame. Both, the squad and manager, were signed with some sort of strategy in mind. The people at the top need changing, because their strategies are crap. But the squad and manager need replacing aswell, since they were brought in based on those strategies. It wont improve unless everything changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.