2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the last few pages of this thread alone, shows why he shouldn't be here. This manager is having a divisive effect on the fanbase, whilst simultaneously dragging the expectations of some supporters, through the gutter.
It’s a pointless argument. He is here because the chairman brought him. He is unlikely to get rid of him soon.

He was the chairman’s choice of managers available without expending a fee and willing to come with a minuscule transfer budget.

If we fail financial stability rules, he will be the least of everyone’s worries.

It’s a pointless argument. He is here because the chairman brought him. He is unlikely to get rid of him soon.

He was the chairman’s choice of managers available without expending a fee and willing to come with a minuscule transfer budget.

If we fail financial stability rules, he will be the least of everyone’s worries.
Oh we've made a proper pigs ear of our transfer dealings over the years, and the chickens are coming home to roost now. Which is why they appointed Benitez. He's here to serve as a lightning rod, to bear the brunt of the fans anger and frustration, caused by the boards inept running of the club. Benitez is a problem alright, but yeah the bigger problem is that the owner, isn't able to tell a football from a jaffle!

He is here but, the Chairman certainly didn't bring him.
To be factually correct mate, the majority shareholder brought him in.

I have little time for Blue Bill, but, I’m fairly sure he had very little to do with appointing Benitez.

Oh we've made a proper pigs ear of our transfer dealings over the years, and the chickens are coming home to roost now. Which is why they appointed Benitez. He's here to serve as a lightning rod, to bear the brunt of the fans anger and frustration, caused by the boards inept running of the club. Benitez is a problem alright, but yeah the bigger problem is that the owner, isn't able to tell a football from a jaffle!
Hes only here because of a rich Iranian idiot, who has more money than sense. Whilst knowing nothing about football hes endangering the stability of our club throwing money everywhere hoping he gets lucky. I hope he loses enough money without harming our club that he learns to butt out of the football side of the club and concentrate only on the financial side and infrastructure.

Even the last few pages of this thread alone, shows why he shouldn't be here. This manager is having a divisive effect on the fanbase, whilst simultaneously dragging the expectations of some supporters, through the gutter.
Except supporters do not run the business. He is here and 'supporters' should support him until he can be judged on a squad that is his.
If people can't cope with his former job then it says more about them than him. If Ian Paisley and Martin McGuinness managed to put their differences to one side then I am sure we can give Rafael a chance.

Except supporters do not run the business. He is here and 'supporters' should support him until he can be judged on a squad that is his.
If people can't cope with his former job then it says more about them than him. If Ian Paisley and Martin McGuinness managed to put their differences to one side then I am sure we can give Rafael a chance.
They shouldn't have to do anything. To be fair Benitez's appointment wont lead to people dying unlike Paisley and McGuinness so supporting him isn't really that important.

Think you are trying to simplify the fact he is so devisive just because he managed that lot across the park.
Totally ignoring that fans like myself dont think he is anywhere near good enough to manage this club at this stage in his life.
He had success many years ago , but lately he struggled in the football grave yard of China not long adding the relegation of Newcastle to his CV.

Its not about "giving him a chance " , he hasnt been good enough for years.

Well hard core nationalists and unionists of which i am neither, would accuse both McGuinness and Paisley of being sell outs. It's not just his previous employment, Benitez is a dinosaur. He's about as relevant to modern football, as windows 95 is to modern computing.

Neither can I, what's a jaffle ?

Status
Not open for further replies.